Canadian Pacific Railway Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am from Ontario Canada.

Yesterday a friend of mine who works for the CPR showed me his radio in the truck he uses and when he went through the channels all of the channels on there were channels I knew about except for 3 of the channels. After I got home and looked at a channel list I got from a site on the internet, I didn't see these 3 channels listed there.

So I am just wondering if anyone on here might know what the freq's are for these 3 channels. These 3 channels are (CP 56, CP 93 & CP 53). So I can put them into my scanner and if they happen to use one or all of these 3 channels somewhere. I will know what the freq's are for them.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.

Coolguy

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Could be maintenance channels that have no bearing on road channels. I only have a western Canada TT so I can't help you there. Maybe the CDN Trackside guide has them listed.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. Thanks for that.

And would those 3 freq's be SIM channels or Repeater Channels like for MOW. Just so I will know if they are SIM I will enter them in as that but if they are repeater channels, then just curious as to wut the other freq's are to those 3 channels.

Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks again.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
Sorry yah that is what I meant. I meant SIMPLEX, like for example. OPP SIM 11. That is what I meant.

So thanks for your help.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
Trackside Guide

One other question. About this Trackside guide. Does it show all the freq's in use for all of the railroads like for CN, VIA, etc. And does it show all the cities and towns like for example here in Ontario (Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Hornepayne, etc) and the channels and freq's used in that city or town.
And where abouts would you get one, if I decided to get one.

Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks again.

Coolguy

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
BRS Sales Desk

These are the publishers of the Guide. They have all the info on the book.

I bought it for when I rode the VIA from Edmonton to Toronto in 2008. It served that purpose well.

Status
Not open for further replies.