NS EOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
This has probably already been asked and answered but I was wondering if NS still uses 161.115 for EOTDs

PJH

Premium Subscriber
NS was the only railroad that used the VHF EOT's. Everyone else pretty much used the UHF ones as we know them today. NS had dual freq HEU devices for interchange purposes, but last I knew most have since been retired and just using UHF.

They were still around as late as 2009

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
EOTD or not to EOTD, that is the Question

That is not correct, NS, as well as other Railroads I am familiar with, still has many VHF EOT devices in use.

Any possibility of providing the names of the railroads still utilizing "out of industry standard" self assigned VHF EOTD's? Also are they using the "out of industry standard" NS self assigned frequency of 161.115 MHz AAR: 067 or another "out of industry standard" self assigned frequency? And if so could you possibly provide the frequency also, thanks for your time.

On a less intense note, any old school railfans remember this serious as a heart attack goofball proposal?

Atkinson's Patented Train Detector

Last edited:

KB1VLA

It was my understanding that NS's VHF telemetry devices used DTMF tones rather than packet bursts to relay data.
All NS trains I've seen have UHF telemetry.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Any possibility of providing the names of the railroads still utilizing "out of industry standard" self assigned VHF EOTD's?

No sir.

I do not agree with your description/assessment either, but I digress.

But I do work in the Railroad industry, thus me not commenting further.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
It was my understanding that NS's VHF telemetry devices used DTMF tones rather than packet bursts to relay data.
All NS trains I've seen have UHF telemetry.

They used data just like the UHF ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.