161.160 NXDN Philadelphia region unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone know what the NXDN comms on 161.160 in the Philly area are? I do not yet have an NXDN capable radio. I have been noticing fairly frequent NXDN noise on 161.160 recently. I think this used to be assigned for use at Conrail's Pavonia Yard in Camden, NJ.

Prior to this traffic appearing, the only other NXDN I had noted locally was NS PD on 160.560. I have been told this is encrypted but with no NXDN radio, I cannot confirm that.

Septa3371CSX1

Anyone know what the NXDN comms on 161.160 in the Philly area are? I do not yet have an NXDN capable radio. I have been noticing fairly frequent NXDN noise on 161.160 recently. I think this used to be assigned for use at Conrail's Pavonia Yard in Camden, NJ.

Prior to this traffic appearing, the only other NXDN I had noted locally was NS PD on 160.560. I have been told this is encrypted but with no NXDN radio, I cannot confirm that.

I think Conrail is using that at Burlington. PhillyDJDan who has NXDN radios has heard them in that general vicinity on that channel in NXDN. I've also picked up the NXDN noise on that channel up that way so I'd say that's a safe bet.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of NXDN in the Philly area, I recently noticed what had been an NS MoW channel, 161.430, is now NXDN. It seems to be a yard channel - frequent references to sending a jitney to pick up a crew at the engine house, and automated messages from locomotives being booted up.

Seems to be Pavonia yard in Camden, but not 100% sure.

jje64

Capture the following data for this freq on the way to 30th St station last night

161.160 MHz NXDN 4800 RAN=1 TG=1

No comms heard other than some DTMF tones

Status
Not open for further replies.