NE Ohio Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Can any NE Ohio Railfans provide the frequency used by Cleveland Commercial Railroad ? I could not find in RR database or in FCC files. I actually got stopped at a crossing that I have never seen a train before and thought was abandoned only to find a lot of various cars being pulled to a industrial area by a brightly yellow painted CCR locomotive. I understand it's used more than I know! They must have a frequency they use.
Also I have seen train crews using HT's (low power?) for communication while switching, boarding and unboarding and unhooking cars and was wondering if they are on railroad frequencies or business frequencies to the engineer or each other or are they on frequencies that a scanner can't monitor like NXDN. Thanks!

ke8ccd

Premium Subscriber
I don't monitor the rail system because I don't have an antenna for those frequencies. have you tried scanning the 159-162 mhz band to see if you get anything.

SCPD

QRT
I've seen a recent grant to them on 161.040. I actually know the owner of that system I'll try to remember to ask him.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
CCR Railroad

I will try that frequency you mention and yes I have tried scanning that range of frequencies but I think that I am not in the right place at the right time to hear them. Plus I am not hip to the railroad talk that they all talk. Just like monitoring aircraft, it takes a while to learn the language. Anyone know about the HT's I mentioned?
If you can confirm it with the owner you know that would be great as it can be added to the RR database for all to see and use...............

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Your Link

Nice link to CCR on who they serve and what they do..................so the next question is the other one, does Cleveland Harbor Belt Rail use the same frequencies or do they have their own ? Still curious about the HT's if anyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.