RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Railroad/Railfan Monitoring Forum

Railroad/Railfan Monitoring Forum - This is the place to discuss monitoring railroad communications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 9:59 AM

I've seen reports of CSX police by Fort Montgomery and that vicinity on the River Sub.
Victory5318@gmail.com
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2017, 5:59 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp883 View Post
I was a dispatcher on the Main Line back in the early 2000's.

The Port Jervis Line is controlled by the NJT Main Line Dispatcher. The Main Line Dispatcher controls the Main Line, the Bergen County Line, the Pascack Valley Line, and the Port Jervis Line, all on 161.400 MHz

The Main Line is the former DL&W RR trackage between Hoboken, NJ and Paterson, NJ. At Paterson the line has been merged into the former Erie RR trackage from Jersey City to Suffern, NY.

The Bergen County Line is the former Erie RR trackage from Hoboken to Suffern, NY.
The Main Line and the Bergen County Line split at Bergen Jct. just northwest of West End Interlocking and come together again at Ridgewood Jct.

The Pascack Valley Line is a former Erie RR line that runs from Pascack Jct. on the Bergen County Line to Spring Valley, NY.

The Port Jervis Line begins at the division post in Hillburn Yard, just west of the Suffern, NY station, and is the former Erie RR line to Port Jervis via the former Erie RR Graham Cutoff.

There is a good mix of commuter trains and both local and through freight trains from both Norfolk Southern and the Susquehanna.
Neat, I don't remember your name, I was running that territory back then, I remember the "Rick and Rusty" show?....Rick and somebody anyways, I remember Dispatcher Skull and Dickie May, lol
Old 07-09-2017, 6:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2zZe View Post
(anyone ever see CSX Police in county?)
There's only one Special Agent assigned between Bergenfield, NJ and Ravena, NY on the River Subdivision, but he spends most of his time below Bergenfield, NJ working in concert with the CSX North Jersey Special Agent around Port Newark and North Bergen.

In New Jersey they operate on the NJICS P25 Phase II Trunked system or cell phone. In Rockland and Orange Counties they operate almost entirely by cell phone.
Hard Truth: Live law feeds incite encryption.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

rrpilot wrote:

Quote:
Neat, I don't remember your name, I was running that territory back then, I remember the "Rick and Rusty" show?....Rick and somebody anyways, I remember Dispatcher Skull and Dickie May, lol
I worked on the Main Line desk most of either 2002, or 2003, it's hard to remember!

I do remember Rick and Rusty. Rick was a supervisor and Rusty was one of the chief dispatchers. Last I heard Disp. Scull was dispatching for Metro-North. Dickie passed away several years ago.
Old 07-14-2017, 7:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I didn't know Dickie May passed, I was got along well with him, all you needed to do was make sure you never took anymore time to make a move than you told him it was gonna take...
Sponsored links