RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Rants

Rants I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 PM

Default What is hamsexy????

Can anyone offer a logical explanation as to what this group is. I have read multiple comments in different areas that something was "hamsexy". Then, I checked out there site and it seems that they like to not have anything good to say about anything.

At first they seemed to get down on the people who were on the grey line and referring to them as "whackers" but then that term is being used against anyone that goes to the extreme.

So, I have come to the conclusion that the term "hamsexy" is a very degrotory term.

Anyone care to offer a better explanation as to what this group is.
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetaz834 View Post
Can anyone offer a logical explanation as to what this group is. I have read multiple comments in different areas that something was "hamsexy". Then, I checked out there site and it seems that they like to not have anything good to say about anything.

At first they seemed to get down on the people who were on the grey line and referring to them as "whackers" but then that term is being used against anyone that goes to the extreme.

So, I have come to the conclusion that the term "hamsexy" is a very degrotory term.

Anyone care to offer a better explanation as to what this group is.
Hamsexy is a site devoted to the dark, evil and tainted side of Ham radio.

Actually, it's just a site for hams who don't take themselves very seriously. We make fun of our hobby, other hams, and ourselves.

People who are offended by Hamsexy don't get the joke, and are the kind of people we like to poke fun at.

The term "hamsexy" has, somehow, entered somewhat common vernacular. It wasn't the intention when the site was started, but it seems to have evolved into a term.

If you take yourself as a 'professional radio amateur', then you are Hamsexy.

If you like to walk around in public with a radio conspicuously clipped to your belt, you are Hamsexy.

If you are so obese that you rarely are able to get up off of the couch to partake in your amateur radio club's weekly prostate net, then you are certainly Hamsexy.

If you have any sort of emergency lighting on your car, and think your status as a 'professional radio amateur' justifies it, you are Hamsexy.

But, in all seriousness, it's just a stupid website with a bunch of dopey photos on it. Nothing more.

Bryan VE6HBD
Co-founder, Hamsexy.com
Old 04-05-2009, 3:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterodyne View Post
Hamsexy is a site devoted to the dark, evil and tainted side of Ham radio.

Actually, it's just a site for hams who don't take themselves very seriously. We make fun of our hobby, other hams, and ourselves.

People who are offended by Hamsexy don't get the joke, and are the kind of people we like to poke fun at.

The term "hamsexy" has, somehow, entered somewhat common vernacular. It wasn't the intention when the site was started, but it seems to have evolved into a term.

If you take yourself as a 'professional radio amateur', then you are Hamsexy.

If you like to walk around in public with a radio conspicuously clipped to your belt, you are Hamsexy.

If you are so obese that you rarely are able to get up off of the couch to partake in your amateur radio club's weekly prostate net, then you are certainly Hamsexy.

If you have any sort of emergency lighting on your car, and think your status as a 'professional radio amateur' justifies it, you are Hamsexy.

But, in all seriousness, it's just a stupid website with a bunch of dopey photos on it. Nothing more.

Bryan VE6HBD
Co-founder, Hamsexy.com
And almost imposible to register I have been trying to register since feb 23rd.

This is the responce I have received "It's not the e-mail account that is blocked, it is the IP range from Rogers.com that is blocked."

Using a legitimate ISP but still no luck.
Old 04-05-2009, 7:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

NOW THIS IS HAMSEXY
Old 04-05-2009, 4:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
No doubt about that!!
Old 04-06-2009, 1:20 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

I Just Puked In My Mouth.
Old 04-09-2009, 3:23 PM

Hamsexy is nothing more than QRZ.com that actually has a sense of humor (albiet twisted), Both sites have nothing good to say about anyone outside of their circle of insiders. QRZed curmudgeons just mean the nasty things that are said.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 04-09-2009, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova1010 View Post
And almost imposible to register I have been trying to register since feb 23rd.

This is the responce I have received "It's not the e-mail account that is blocked, it is the IP range from Rogers.com that is blocked."

Using a legitimate ISP but still no luck.
Consider yourself lucky you can't register. That's a horrible site run by a bunch of morons. I'm registered there, but soon realized what a POS the admin and mods are there. Certain people can get away with saying anything, others get chastized (or even banned) for saying the same exact thing. Very clickish site. Waste of time for me.

I'd give you my HS account if I had picked a "generic" username.... I never go there anymore.
Old 04-09-2009, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTS3000 View Post
Consider yourself lucky you can't register. That's a horrible site run by a bunch of morons. I'm registered there, but soon realized what a POS the admin and mods are there. Certain people can get away with saying anything, others get chastized (or even banned) for saying the same exact thing. Very clickish site. Waste of time for me.

I'd give you my HS account if I had picked a "generic" username.... I never go there anymore.
I agree with you that site is a step away from being das uber gheigh
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2009, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
Hamsexy is nothing more than QRZ.com that actually has a sense of humor (albiet twisted), Both sites have nothing good to say about anyone outside of their circle of insiders. QRZed curmudgeons just mean the nasty things that are said.
Yeah, at least Hamsexy is a little humorous(although twisted at times). Those guys over at QRZ chased me away with their grumpy, curmudgeon behaviour. Then they have the audacity to ask you to contribute to be a member. No thanks, guess I just one of those slimy little "no code" hams that they don't want around anyway. I prefer either this site or E-Ham online as they are a little more polite. The off color humor at Hamsexy is a bit much at times, but I do like the way they give the whackers a hard time though....I do think they are pretty much murder on anyone who they think is outside the "rules". Tend to tread lightly around there, mostly lurk and stay on the periphery.
Yaesu VX 150

KDOHDH
Old 04-18-2009, 9:23 AM

I spend more time on the air and less time on wackjob, curmudgeonm websites. Darn near all of the people I've worked are cool people that have helped me learn more about the hobby and I'd like to keep as friends from all over the world. Let your fingers rotate the big dial on your radio around the usual frequencies where the nucking futz operations occur ( 14.275, and some 75 meter sites where the usual gangs hang out). Take a stab at the slow speed cw ops on 40 meters. I started there and both learned a lot and increased my speed to dangerous levels of near comprehension of what I hear. Lots of learners out there and some great experienced ops who help us grow.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:54 AM

I find Hamsexy funny and it pokes fun at the Hams who take themselves too serious and the lighter side of some of the more odd people in the hobby.

If you get offended by the site.. Dont go there ..
Old 04-18-2009, 3:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM571 View Post
I find Hamsexy funny and it pokes fun at the Hams who take themselves too serious and the lighter side of some of the more odd people in the hobby.

If you get offended by the site.. Dont go there ..
I agree with you there thats why I want to register so I can have full access.

I have tried hotmail...no luck

I have tried yahoomail...no luck

I have also tried a legit ISP wich is required and still no luck I have been told a range of IPs from my ISP (Rogers)have been blocked now.

Haven't had a responce for almost a month now geez what does it take to become a member there?
Old 04-18-2009, 8:49 PM

What is Hamsexy? Pull your cover over your head and fart. Thats Hamsexy!
Old 04-20-2009, 7:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bryan,

If you still watching this thread, I think you may want to reconsider blocking the entire Rogers IP range.

Rogers is a very large ISP in Canada, with millions of subscribers. They are the dominant cable broadband provider in Eastern Canada.

I suspect if you were having a lot of problems with Rogers subs, it was due to the quantity of them.

Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova1010 View Post
I have also tried a legit ISP wich is required and still no luck I have been told a range of IPs from my ISP (Rogers)have been blocked now.

Haven't had a responce for almost a month now geez what does it take to become a member there?
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs down

Well this is the respose I received from Dan

"Shawn,

We briefly unblocked the entire range and within a day we started to receive spam sign-up from several addresses in the range. Until your provider (Rogers) terminates the spam producer(s), there is nothing we can do but block the entire range as it would take days if not weeks to selectively block/unblock individual addresses in the range.

Admin"
Old 04-20-2009, 3:05 PM

They are such retards!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrotyankee View Post
They are such retards!
They as in Rogers for allowing spammers to steal bandwidth? I agree. No ISP should be a safe haven for spammers, but I am sure that isn't what you meant, so I have this to say...

If you think you can run a better website, buy yourself a witty domain name, pay someone to host it and put up with the hundreds of complaints fat unkept stinky hams send in and find people to actually join a website then perhaps you could start your own site. I doubt you will be able to do two of them.

KA8YPY, N3JFW and VE6HBD are all good guys and all of them are far from retarded. They may be crazy, but far from a retard. Those people banned from Hamsexy are banned for a reason. 60% of the users on here would be banned just because they are idiots. Maybe you don't realize this, but about 60% of the content on the front page of hamsexy appeared on here first. Look at the installs forum on here, it is an absolute goldmind for retard installs.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8TEK View Post
Those people banned from Hamsexy are banned for a reason.

Ok what is the reason I'm banned ,I'll answer that NO reason.....just a range of IPs running through my ISP are blocked wich is a bull crap way of doing things.

Thats like locking out 100 people to make sure a certain one doesn't get in.
Old 04-21-2009, 1:23 AM

[QUOTE=nova1010;1056461]Ok what is the reason I'm banned ,I'll answer that NO reason.....just a range of IPs running through my ISP are blocked wich is a bull crap way of doing things.

Thats like locking out 100 people to make sure a certain one doesn't get in.[/QU

Dude you arent missing anything. The site sucked so bad i tried to get banned. People on there are high class let me tell you.
Closed Thread