RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Rants

Rants I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 8:07 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.0.29990/28.2555; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Is their a freedom of speech and opinions on here? Can someone say what they believe in or their entitled opinion without being S**T on by others? Sorry some of us don't conform to what the media or others may want us to be. We may think outside the box and have odd thoughts about people, places, or things, but we to deserve respect in our opinions as we do respect yours. This is a great site with a lot of very friendly smart people, so be open and listen to others ideals and opinions without jumping down their throats.
Sponsored links

Old 09-26-2012, 9:25 PM

I'm not sure what your point is. A privately owned website isn't obligated to guarantee your freedom of speech. It seems people generally say what they want. If it runs afoul of the site's T's & C's, maybe a moderator will do something. If it run's afoul of other users of the site, someone may speak up and object.

Sounds pretty free to me. *shrug*
Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you get on GordonE's wrong side he will just delete all your posts then you know your being censored... LOL
Old 09-27-2012, 12:08 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.0.29990/28.2555; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

LOL
Old 09-27-2012, 7:44 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
If you get on GordonE's wrong side he will just delete all your posts then you know your being censored... LOL
Nope, only if you're posting in a thread that is specifically for Q&A (as explained in the initial post) and your posts don't contain questions.
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2012, 3:20 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonE View Post
Nope, only if you're posting in a thread that is specifically for Q&A (as explained in the initial post) and your posts don't contain questions.
Sometimes I think Why waste my time with immature cry babies who post such nonsense stuff?
Old 03-19-2013, 6:40 PM

i got like 7 infractions now

here one that got me 5 points

Dear xts3000r,

You have received an infraction at The RadioReference.com Forums.

Reason: Ignoring a Moderator's request
-------
Continuing to post off topic nonsense when a Moderator warned the thread not to.

First, this is a private website. There is no right to free speech here.

Second, this thread is for discussing the incident and details of what's happening .We allow people to post off topic stuff in the tavern. In fact there are threads there already on this incident where people are dong just that.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.radioreference.com/cal...ml#post1914814
Quote:
so RR now not recognizing the first amendment the right of free speech
All the best,
The RadioReference.com Forums
Old 03-19-2013, 7:07 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default RR Freedom of Speech!

Try reading the amendment and edit your response...
Old 03-20-2013, 8:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default RR Freedom of Speech!

Read the First Amendment to the US Constitution. It reads "Congress shall make no law..." It says nothing about a private website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xts3000r View Post
...so RR now not recognizing the first amendment the right of free speech...
This site is not obligated to, or bound by, the first amendment. The users are bound by the terms and conditions of use set out by the site owner.

What the first amendment does for you here is allows you to buy your own website, where you can create your own terms and conditions that are more to your liking.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This post is just too serious for an "online" forum. haha

Springfield Fire & EMS - Feed Provider
Old 03-20-2013, 1:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As Obama say " No rights are guaranteed".
Old 03-20-2013, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
You gotta watch LOUMAAG also, he's good for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xts3000r View Post
i got like 7 infractions now

here one that got me 5 points

Dear xts3000r,

You have received an infraction at The RadioReference.com Forums.

Reason: Ignoring a Moderator's request
-------
Continuing to post off topic nonsense when a Moderator warned the thread not to.

First, this is a private website. There is no right to free speech here.

Second, this thread is for discussing the incident and details of what's happening .We allow people to post off topic stuff in the tavern. In fact there are threads there already on this incident where people are dong just that.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.radioreference.com/cal...ml#post1914814
Quote:
so RR now not recognizing the first amendment the right of free speech
All the best,
The RadioReference.com Forums
Ah, yes, the dreaded infraction. I received 3 in a matter of 30 minutes and got canned for 10 days. Thus the reason I took my feeds off RR and now stream them myself.

I troll these forums daily, and I see all too often that LOUMAAG and other moderators have far too much time on their hands and allow their opinions and beliefs dictate how they moderate WAY too often. I wonder what their salaries are? LOL

You guys are all correct, the owners and moderators have that right. It's their swing set, and we all have to play on it their way. However, I firmly believe that unless your post makes absolutely zero sense or you blatantly insult someone, you should be allowed to speak freely. But I guess now this post will be deleted or edited by the mods and I will get another infraction. Maybe they'll ban me forever, who knows. Rest assured though, I will still be here, even if it isn't under this username, trolling like I always do :-D
Old 03-20-2013, 6:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Before joining this privately-owned and operated site, didn't we each agree to the terms, rules, and conditions established by the RR staff and to the understanding that RR staff can update those terms at any time? Since RR staff did not force us to join, the choice of membership has always been, and still remains, yours and mine.

Beyond that, in general terms, there seems to be only a few choices from which we may choose, all of which are general and simple: 1) stay, obey, or 2) stay, disobey, apologize, reform, or 3) stay, disobey, complain about penalty, or 4) leave.

This is an excellent site, managed by hard-working people, and supported by many dedicated volunteers. It works best and benefits the most people when those of us who agree to stay within the rules, in fact do so. As one who has also received a moderator's reminder of OT posting within the scope of a thread and a forum, I am not "pointing fingers" at anyone.

Instead of rebuking the moderators and attempting to rewrite the rules while publicly complaining, let's do what we originally agreed to do and simply stay within them. It works out better for everyone. Rule-changes can be suggested to the admin staff, in a gentlemanly or lady-like manner, by contacting the admins directly via PM or email.

Let's all play nice. It's a great playground!
Old 03-21-2013, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz0468
This site is not obligated to, or bound by, the first amendment.
No it isnt.... The owners have say!
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2013, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydjdan View Post
You gotta watch LOUMAAG also, he's good for that.

Ah, yes, the dreaded infraction. I received 3 in a matter of 30 minutes and got canned for 10 days. Thus the reason I took my feeds off RR and now stream them myself.

I troll these forums daily, and I see all too often that LOUMAAG and other moderators have far too much time on their hands and allow their opinions and beliefs dictate how they moderate WAY too often. I wonder what their salaries are? LOL

You guys are all correct, the owners and moderators have that right. It's their swing set, and we all have to play on it their way. However, I firmly believe that unless your post makes absolutely zero sense or you blatantly insult someone, you should be allowed to speak freely. But I guess now this post will be deleted or edited by the mods and I will get another infraction. Maybe they'll ban me forever, who knows. Rest assured though, I will still be here, even if it isn't under this username, trolling like I always do :-D
Notice how only one mod has posted....
Where do you provide your feeds?

I somewhat agree. But, if you're one of those people who can't say a sentence without swearing, and post that way, you would probably get banned- either permanently or temporarily. The mods would also delete your post- probably
Computer and Tech enthusiast
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydjdan View Post
But I guess now this post will be deleted or edited by the mods and I will get another infraction. Maybe they'll ban me forever, who knows. Rest assured though, I will still be here, even if it isn't under this username, trolling like I always do :-D
Yeah, a lot happened for this post didn't it?

-

It's plane and simple, if someone asks for trouble on here, they're going to get it. We have a set of rules and I make sure my moderators follow them. They don't make anything up to target a specific member. Some moderators are more hands on than others; that's web forum life.

I don't think we ask a lot here. Post to the correct forum, and do it only ONCE. Treat others respectfully; this includes not crapping on someone else's thread. Act maturely as though you were in a (non-dysfunctional) family environment. If someone wants to rant, do it in this forum. Not in General Scanning, not in the Audio Broadcaster's Admin forum. If we post to a thread to stop doing something...STOP IT.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Old 03-25-2013, 1:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScannaMan9 View Post
Notice how only one mod has posted....
The first sentence in this forum's sticky-post might be a reason:

Sticky: If you are easily offended leave this forum...NOW

Hope this helps,
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDP2012 View Post
The first sentence in this forum's sticky-post might be a reason:
And that's exactly the problem that gets most members in to trouble. They either don't read our advice, or they choose to ignore it.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Old 04-10-2013, 4:46 PM

Just make a new account if you get banned