RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > HF / MW / LW Monitoring > Receive Antennas (below 30MHz)

Receive Antennas (below 30MHz) - For all topics related to receive antennas used on HF, MW, LW, etc. For transmit antennas use the Amateur Radio Antennas forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 3:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Wellbrook Loop Antenna (Just Ordered)

Want to thank everyone for there thoughts and other information on getting a loop antenna for HF utility listening. I just ordered an new Model ALA1530LNPro IMPERIUM North American version Loop Antenna from Wellbrook Antenna's, the new Elad FDM-S3 SDR should be released by the end of the year, they are just waiting for the FCC to pass the radio. I think this will be a good setup for me on the HF Bands.
Thanks Again.
Steve

Elad FDM-S2 HF SDR Radio + Software for HF
Wellbrook Antenna ALA1530LNPro IMPERIUM
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2017, 5:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You'll enjoy the Wellbrook. I have both the Wellbrook and the Pixel RF Pro-1B and the Pixel is my daily use antenna while the Wellbrook is my pack up and take into the woods antenna because it operates at 12v DC. Much easier to use in the woods than the 24v AC that the Pixel requires.

--
Mike
Old 08-28-2017, 6:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Wellbrook Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbott View Post
You'll enjoy the Wellbrook. I have both the Wellbrook and the Pixel RF Pro-1B and the Pixel is my daily use antenna while the Wellbrook is my pack up and take into the woods antenna because it operates at 12v DC. Much easier to use in the woods than the 24v AC that the Pixel requires.

--
Mike
Thanks Mike, I am looking forward to using it, hopefully the Elad radio will be released soon and I can set everything up.
Steve

Old 10-11-2017, 3:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Saint, do you have your Wellbrook up and running yet?

--
Mike
Old 10-11-2017, 4:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Wellbrook Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbott View Post
Saint, do you have your Wellbrook up and running yet?

--
Mike
Hello Mike I have the Wellbrook Antenna up and I bought the Elad fdm-s2 radio instead of the fdm-s-3. The band conditions are just terrible down this way not picking up to much of anything as of yet, it's so bad I sent the radio back to elad to see if there was a problem with the radio and just got it back yesterday. I really hope band conditions clear up soon so I can enjoy the radio and antenna but we will have to see, if not I'll put it in the box for awhile and try latter.
Steve

Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2017, 5:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Gotcha. I usually start the morning with coffee and RNZI on 7425. Usually gives me a clue as to conditions for a bit. Some mornings better than others. Today appears to be one of the others. Peaking at an s7 off the Wellbrook with the RSP2.

Good luck!

Here is a link to about 95 seconds of RNZI's news/sports this morning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/adu7c2nmj8...9-257.mp4?dl=0 The link will remain for about 30 days.

--
Mike

Last edited by mbott; 10-12-2017 at 7:20 AM..