Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Religion

Religion Dog is my copilot. My karma ran over your dogma

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 5:29 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Default Furor or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9WHM View Post
No one should say that. Christmas is a rip off of Hanukkah. It's not even when your messiah was born.
I am going to be as civil as I possibly can so I don't get banned from the site, but I am quite confused sir, could you thoroughly explain to us Christians & athiest exactly what you meant by that foul, treacherous, unamerican, sickminded, cowardly, inhuman & quite putrid & disgusting remark that us normal humans naturally find immoral & offensive? And are you a "jew" by any chance? because if you are, don't blame us regular people for your mistake of birth by making such cowardly & jealous remarks. If nobody else, you can bet I'll be waiting with baited breath for your reply.

FLRAILMAN

Last edited by FLRAILMAN; 12-27-2009 at 5:48 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2009, 6:28 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRAILMAN View Post
I am going to be as civil as I possibly can so I don't get banned from the site, but I am quite confused sir, could you thoroughly explain to us Christians & athiest exactly what you meant by that foul, treacherous, unamerican, sickminded, cowardly, inhuman & quite putrid & disgusting remark that us normal humans naturally find immoral & offensive? And are you a "jew" by any chance? because if you are, don't blame us regular people for your mistake of birth by making such cowardly & jealous remarks. If nobody else, you can bet I'll be waiting with baited breath for your reply.

FLRAILMAN
Why be civil? Your inner-self has been showing through quite well recently.

While, I no doubt you are confused, I can not see how his statement (as incorrect as I believe it is) can be seen as "foul", "treacherous", "unamerican", "sickminded", "cowardly", "inhuman", "quite putrid" or "disgusting".

Maybe you can enlighten us?

Or maybe my color or religion prevents you from doing so "civilly"?
Old 12-27-2009, 7:33 PM

Default Athiest, Christians, Moslems, Muslims & almost everybody else

Okay, I'll run with this, what color are you & what's your religion that I'm obviously supposed to ask? Short version.

FLASKMEIFICAREMAN
Old 12-27-2009, 7:47 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
No one should say that. Christmas is a rip off of Hanukkah. It's not even when your messiah was born.
He won't answer. He's a post and run guy. His angle is to provoke a reaction and then sit back and laugh at the response it gets. Just like those morons from Freedom From Religion do.He's probably a member.
Old 12-27-2009, 8:02 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:

FLRAILMAN
Dont hold back FLRailman,Its not good for you to hold everything in. Im on medication now it helps aaaa lot...df....g.t.h.jkaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh>>>??!!?? ????AHHHH Far out man.
Sponsored links

Old 12-27-2009, 8:09 PM

Angry Where were we? Oh yeah, Religion

You sound just like me when I'm overdue to take my Xanax & Haldol. Wheeeeee, are we having fun yet?????? Too much. LOL

NAMLIARLF
Old 12-27-2009, 8:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
You sound just like me when I'm overdue to take my Xanax & Haldol. Wheeeeee, are we having fun yet?????? Too much. LOL

NAMLIARLF
Ya good stuff....Ok Freedom From Religion is a group of morons set out to remove any reference of God in America including our currency and in the pledge of allegiance "One Nation Under God" and so on.

Freedom From Religion Foundation
Old 12-27-2009, 8:37 PM

Default Wild

I just tried to join using his name & it kicked it back, what an oddball site, scary.

FLCRAZYMAN
Old 12-27-2009, 9:24 PM

Look up the information. Your messiah was not born on December 25. He was born in either the spring or the summer. The year is even wrong.
The only reason why christmas is in December is to compete with Hanukkah.
I am sorry that is science what am I thinking. I should know better not to use science to contradict the bible.
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2009, 9:43 PM

Default well the Phoenix rises from the ashes

What book are we supposed to look this up in? And you have some damn nerve saying those things without proof.

FLRAILMAN
Old 12-27-2009, 9:48 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Okay, I'll run with this, what color are you & what's your religion that I'm obviously supposed to ask? Short version.

FLASKMEIFICAREMAN
No you were not supposed to ask. (Sorry if the rhetorical question distracted you)
You were the one who brought the color and religion of people, particularly people posting into the discussion.

However, feel free to answer any of the other questions I asked.

Please enlighten us?

How was the statement "foul", "treacherous", "unamerican", "sickminded", "cowardly", "inhuman", "quite putrid" or "disgusting".
Old 12-27-2009, 9:49 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
He won't answer. He's a post and run guy. His angle is to provoke a reaction and then sit back and laugh at the response it gets.
Care to point out the thread where I did so?
Old 12-27-2009, 9:53 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
. . . The only reason why christmas is in December is to compete with Hanukkah. . . .
Where do you get this from?
Old 12-27-2009, 9:57 PM

Inside Dateline: A journey back in time - Dateline NBC- msnbc.com
Americans believe December 25th is the actual birth date of Jesus, most biblical scholars believe his birth probably took place in the spring.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:03 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
Care to point out the thread where I did so?
I was refering to N9WHM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I was refering to N9WHM.
Oops I responded to the person's statement.
I should have a mod delete my posts after my original statement.
I am sorry to everyone I will follow the rules better.
Just post one comment to stir up the hornets nest.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:25 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Look up the information. Your messiah was not born on December 25. He was born in either the spring or the summer. The year is even wrong.
The only reason why christmas is in December is to compete with Hanukkah.
I am sorry that is science what am I thinking. I should know better not to use science to contradict the bible.
Actually it was more like September, Zechariah and Elizabeth were quite elderly, and had no children, and the angel gave them the news that they would have a son, to be named John. Luke Verses 23 and 24 tell us that when Zechariah finished his service in the Temple, he returned home (which would have been in early June). Upon his return, Elizabeth became pregnant. Verse 26 then says that in her sixth month of pregnancy (December), the angel Gabriel came to Mary to tell her that she was about to become pregnant with the Son of God. Nine months later would have been September.

More important though is that we celebrate the birth of Jesus and it happens to be on Dec 25th and whats the problem with that? Who is your Messiah? What do you mean when you said that Christmas was a rip off of the Jewish celebration. Present your case and your proof of this. Is it just because they overlap? Big deal and who cares? The important point is that we celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus Christ and it is on December 25th so sorry if you don't like that.

Last edited by N1RGR; 12-27-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Not Posting

Quote:
Inside Dateline: A journey back in time - Dateline NBC- msnbc.com
Americans believe December 25th is the actual birth date of Jesus, most biblical scholars believe his birth probably took place in the spring.

Not questioning the correctness of the date, I am questioning the link to Hanukkah.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Ok I took my medication:
My point is that these atheists groups seem to want to push their agenda to get a reaction much like PETA does by forcing it down peoples throats by plasting posters every where saying there is no God or God does not exists where ever there is a religious display.
So? In the U.S., they have a perfect right to do this. Just as it's your right to not read it, not react to it, or plaster posters of your own with an opposing viewpoint.

Quote:
They are just trying to provoke a reaction by those who do believe in a God is all they are doing. People are free to celebrate any religion they want to in this country and if you do not believe in any God or Gods or religion then that's fine but is there any need for what the atheists group called freedom from religion has done?
As long as there are Christian ministries broadcasting on television, buying ads in newspapers, and billboards, and otherwise "spreading the word", there will be atheist groups out there feeling the need to counter what they feel is false or incorrect. This is actually perfectly ok. There is no requirement that anyone of faith provide their approval.

Quote:
As I said should Christians do like them and plaster posters and banners all over the place saying that the atheist group will burn in hell for their unbelief in Jesus Christ?
They DO.

Quote:
Now if there is any thing I would like to clarify its that I said atheists are morons,let me clarify myself,I think that those trying to provoke people like this group has done and there are many others like them are the morons.
It's not any more moronic to display a sign proclaiming their atheistic beliefs than it is to display a Christmas tree. To an atheist, a Christmas tree can be quite offensive and provocative.

Quote:
The important point is that we celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus Christ and it is on December 25th so sorry if you don't like that.
It's also important that we respect the beliefs of the millions of Americans who DON'T consider Christ to be their savior. Jesus was Jewish... What would HE think of this debate?

Personally, I applaud the State for allowing the various religious factions to make themselves known. Fact is, if they allow a Christmas tree to be displayed, they need to allow displays that represent other religions - and atheism IS a religious belief. In our house, we have a Christmas tree, AND several menorahs. Any excuse to celebrate something...

I especially like the Festivus pole. SOMEONE there has a sense of humor! I approve!

Last edited by zz0468; 12-28-2009 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And are you a "jew" by any chance? because if you are, don't blame us regular people for your mistake of birth by making such cowardly & jealous remarks. FLRAILMAN
"...us regular people..."!?

Ha! Did you REALLY just say that!?