Coventry Fire now online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA1PL

Feed Provider
Coventry Fire primary frequency 453.125 MHz is now carried on the Southern RI & SE CT Fire/EMS scanner feed. This popular scanner feed now carries all non-800 MHz Fire & EMS activity from Coventry & North Kingstown RI all the way south to Groton, CT. Daily listener activity has been increasing on this feed lately with the average daytime listener count now around 10 to 15 listeners.

Please feel free to provide feedback & suggestions of what you like and what you don't like on this feed.

Thanks,
Pete.

KB1UAM

I was wondering if you have charlestown ri in the feed? My uncle is a firefighter down there and cant find a feed for them also if you can put the police in there as well?

AA1PL

Feed Provider
Yes Charlestown Fire & EMS frequencies have been carried on this feed since the beginning. I dont carry any police frequencies on this feed for a couple of reasons:
1. Most southern RI PD's are on the RISCON system (although Charlestown & Richmond are two exceptions). The scanner is analog only. I still havent invested in a digital scanner beleive it or not. But most of the PD's are using encryption anyway so its a moot point.
2. The feed is busy enough as it is now. I dont want it to get overloaded with routine police calls.
3. I consider the "target audience" for this feed to be Fire/EMS professionals, volunteers, fire buffs, and the news media. Most of them (with the exception of the news media) dont want to hear police calls.

But I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.