RIPTA & RISCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

If anyone is interested, the DB lists 4 TG's for RIPTA (186-189). While recently visiting Providence, I heard bus operations on TG 188 and conversations on TG 189 between dispatch and selected operators regarding working the next day. TG 186 sounded encrypted, which surprised me considering bus operations was clear (perhaps a supervisor channel)?

frankie811

If anyone is interested, the DB lists 4 TG's for RIPTA (186-189). While recently visiting Providence, I heard bus operations on TG 188 and conversations on TG 189 between dispatch and selected operators regarding working the next day. TG 186 sounded encrypted, which surprised me considering bus operations was clear (perhaps a supervisor channel)?

I'm willing to bet it was a supervisor's TG. I've seen RIPTA bus driver's in the past with scanners tuned to their employer's frequencies. Their main concern being making sure they get their share of overtime which I'm sure is based on seniority. The dispatcher can broadcast to either an individual bus or to every bus with service or traffic detour announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.