Burrillville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcro

I am totally new to using a scanner. I just bought a Whistler WS1040. I can program conventional frequencies no problem but I'm having trouble programming talk groups. Burrillville PD is now using RISCON talk group 2003. I can not successfully get this to work. I think my problem may be not knowing the TSYS? I have several options for this in the scanner. Motorolla, P25 manual, auto etc. Does anyone know how to set this up?

Thanks,

Mike

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
I am totally new to using a scanner. I just bought a Whistler WS1040. I can program conventional frequencies no problem but I'm having trouble programming talk groups. Burrillville PD is now using RISCON talk group 2003. I can not successfully get this to work. I think my problem may be not knowing the TSYS? I have several options for this in the scanner. Motorolla, P25 manual, auto etc. Does anyone know how to set this up?

Thanks,

Mike

Set it up as P25 auto.

mcro

Thank for the help everyone. I think I got it. I'm out of town but will try it this weekend.

Mike

zambman1

KC if your computer savvy use free scanner to program your scanner it works great and less problems. You will need to download a serial port program. When programming the scanner looks for a serial port which I don't have on my computer, its kind of like a virtual serial port program where it makes the computer think that one of your usb ports is a serial port. Once that is done its very easy to program the scanner. Look around this site theres plenty of instructions on how to use free scanner. Free scanner will save you the time of having to enter all the freq and codes to listen to the apco 25 channels. Hope this helps. I'm in Woonsocket and get SP north and south plus just about everything that uses APCO 25 in the area.

mcro

KC, no I still cannot pick up burrillville pd. Fire and ems no problem. I've used programming software. I've researched how to program trunk systems and talk groups but still don't receive pd transmissions. Conventional frequency programming is pretty easy. Some good you tube videos available though none have helped me with talk groups. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.