Do the locals still meet up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento area get together?

We have not met up in some time. Heck it might have even been nearly a year. Perhaps it is time to see if people want to do so again.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Who wants to meet in person

Let's get a head count of who is interested in meeting. Also, let everyone know what would be the best time or day of the week. For example some people can only meet on weekends, others only week nights.

In the past we have met at Round Table in Folsom and at the Community Center at 46th & T street. Feel free to suggest a location. If someone is coming from the Bay Area, and everyone else is local, perhaps a location in West Sac would be better. But if we also have people from Auburn or Elk Grove coming, some place else may be better.

soundstyle

Premium Subscriber
I would be interesting in going. I probably don't live too far from you gmclam (I'm not too far from Madison/Hazel), so this side of town is more convenient for me, but I'd be willing to meet up somewhere else around Sacramento if that works for everyone.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Should we name a date, time & place?

While I am no longer living in Sacramento, I would be willing to make the trip up if the timing was right.
Evenings or Saturdays are what work for me right now. What works for you Bill since you'd be coming from the farthest away?

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I'd like to try to make a meeting finally... Evenings (8 or later), unless Thurs/Fri/Saturday, since I'm on dayshift rotation right now. I'm in Placer County.

RolnCode3

Evenings or Saturdays are what work for me right now. What works for you Bill since you'd be coming from the farthest away?

I work until 515pm in Vallejo. I have weekends off. Anytime on a weekend would be fine. During the week I couldn't make it till 630-7. Course I could just show up after it starts.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento meetup

It doesn't sound like many people are interested in a meetup. Just the few of us that have in the past.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento meet up NOW

With the city sites' rebanding being complete, and the county sites well under way, perhaps now is a better time than ever for a local meet up. I've received a few private messages on what scanners to get, or how to program newer scanners so they can track the system. I know many of us are busy getting our own radios changed.

I'd like to see all who are interested in a meet up chime in here in this thread. Let us know when you can or can't make it and the best part of town is best for you to meet in. We've met in Folsom a couple of times (it's really close to a tower) and in mid-town once. I, like most, am limited to weekends and evenings; and where we meet doesn't matter to me.

Let's see if there is enough interest NOW. George

Sccafire

I'm interested in meeting. I need to learn about alll the new things that are going on and also what scanners to buy. I am completely open to place and time.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
I am definately gamed for a meeting.. I am available weekend and most evenings.. Been hopin for another one of these eventually!

inspecchi

Sacramento Meetup

I have a Radio Shack Pro 95 and it just quit receiving. Am I going to be able to fix this to receive again. I would be interested in a meetup.

RussOase

Premium Subscriber
I am interested in meeting also. I have reprogramed both my BC246 and BC346 and neither work since the reband. My pee brain isn't getting what I have failed to do. Let me know if there is a meeting of the minds.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
SRRCS is almost done rebanding

I have a Radio Shack Pro 95 and it just quit receiving. Am I going to be able to fix this to receive again. I would be interested in a meetup.
There are 3 choices with regard to a PRO-95....
1) Program in the new control channel frequencies. If a TG is assigned a frequency that fits the format 8xx.xxx5 MHz, you will hear it. If it doesn't, you won't. Not a good solution.

2) Program in all the new voice frequencies, set their modes to FM and scan them. You won't be trunk tracking, you won't have a display of who you are hearing and you'll get frustrated when something is digital or just a dead carrier. Not a good solution either.

3) Get a different scanner, one that can handle rebanding. The PRO-93, PRO-95, PRO-97 won't cut it. The PRO-92A or PRO-92B will track to only the 8xx.xxx5 MHz frequencies you have programmed in. You see the TG ID or text tag and you don't hear digital or unwanted stuff, but you don't hear all of what you want either.

With narrowbanding around the corner, and the slow migration to digital, a new scanner is not a bad idea anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.