Sacramento Fire splitting CMD B2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Hello!

I do not know when they started officially, but do know they have been planning this change for a few months. Prior to this month, Sacramento Fire Department has had all dispatch-to-units/units-to-dispatch radio traffic on CMD B2 (FCOMB2/59280). Effective this month, they will be splitting the channel between CMD B2 and CMD B3 (FCOMB3/59312).

Battalion 1 and Battalion 2 (south of the American River) will typically have their routine operations on CMD B2 (FCOMB2/59280).

Battalion 3 (north of the American River) will typically have their routine operations on CMD B3 (FCOMB3/59312).

CMD B2/CMD B3 will likely be patched together except for very busy days of the years (i.e. July 4). When they're patched together, you will hear both channels as if they were one channel.

CMD B4 will remain a command channel for larger incidents and CMD B5 will remain the International Airport command channel.

None of these changes to the City side of fire will affect the County side of fire and the spilt of CMD A2/CMD A3 (which happens to be the same, north and south of the American River being the dividing line between channels).

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
As of May 31, B2/B3 splitting is being done from 1000-2200 everyday. Unknown if this is going to be permanent, or if it'll also happen on weekends.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.