Interesting CHP pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

Just before 6pm local, I heard sirens on the CHP Gray Truckee channel. I heard a CHP unit in pursuit of a motorcycle approaching downtown Reno. Never heard that before! He was naming streets in Reno that I was familiar with. They had the alert tone going on the channel. Reception on the unit was perfect, the dispatcher
not as much. Chased around downtown Reno for a while, and finally got him stopped.

Looked at the CHP Traffic page for Truckee, but no mention of that incident. The tone was dropped and code
4 announced. It didn't seem to me like NV LE was involved that much, but couldn't really tell.
I'll have to check tomorrow on the web for TV stations in Reno if they mention this. I thought very unusual.

kma371

QRT
Pursuits aren't generally on the public side of the CHP CAD website. They are filtered out.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Norman:

Those incidents happen several times per year in Reno. Usually NHP gets involved near the state line; many times Reno PD gets involved too.

In the future mobile reception of CHP should improve when the planned Mt. Rose radio site goes active because it will operate in repeat mode. Now, Peavine Peak is not set to repeat mode, so you'll only hear the mobiles when they are in direct range in the Reno area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.