RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > San Diego Metro Area Discussion

San Diego Metro Area Discussion Local area specific discussion for San Diego and Imperial Counties.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 12:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default San Marcos SO Dispatch (90)

Anyone know if San Marcos SO dispatch has been patching with another dispatch talkgroup? I have heard Encinitas (20) patch and dispatch through 90, but not vice versa. recently I have heard nothing on San Marcos dispatch 90 over certain nights (including Tuesday night.)
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2011, 7:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by seh911 View Post
Anyone know if San Marcos SO dispatch has been patching with another dispatch talkgroup? I have heard Encinitas (20) patch and dispatch through 90, but not vice versa. recently I have heard nothing on San Marcos dispatch 90 over certain nights (including Tuesday night.)
San Diego Sheriff regularly does this as a staffing efficiency measure within Communications Division. Poway and Rural are normally patched, as are Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach. During the early morning hours when radio traffic is lighter, Encinitas, Vista and San Marcos routinely share a Dispatcher and are patched together, as are Santee, Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I believe RCS was also conducting Site Trunking /Failsoft exercises Tuesday and Wednesday.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6CDO View Post
San Diego Sheriff regularly does this as a staffing efficiency measure within Communications Division. Poway and Rural are normally patched, as are Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach. During the early morning hours when radio traffic is lighter, Encinitas, Vista and San Marcos routinely share a Dispatcher and are patched together, as are Santee, Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach.
@K6CDO: I've heard that, but to date I have never heard San Marcos dispatch out of 20 or 30, 20 always patched into 90 covering both.

Is there any system as to which TG they will be on when they patch, or is it just random or up to the dispatchers each night they do it? (Hard to keep a feed going with San Marcos dispatch if you don't know where they will be!)
Old 10-13-2011, 12:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarshl View Post
I believe RCS was also conducting Site Trunking /Failsoft exercises Tuesday and Wednesday.
I heard the failsoft testing was between 1900-2000, this occurred overnight around 2300-0300, but may have been related.
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2011, 8:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarshl View Post

The quarterly Fail Soft and Site Trunking exercises were Tuesday evening and early this morning (Thursday) in the North and South Simulcast cells.
Old 10-13-2011, 8:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by seh911 View Post
@K6CDO: I've heard that, but to date I have never heard San Marcos dispatch out of 20 or 30, 20 always patched into 90 covering both.

Is there any system as to which TG they will be on when they patch, or is it just random or up to the dispatchers each night they do it? (Hard to keep a feed going with San Marcos dispatch if you don't know where they will be!)
Yes; there is a method by which a combined TG ID is generated to indicate that the groups are patched. I don't recall off the top of my head what the formula is; perhaps someone else here could enlighten you.

Don
Old 10-13-2011, 8:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks for the response(s). That makes sense!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 PM

David -

I've only heard SMCD patch through ENCD. Do they also patch through VTAD? Maybe I'm just not up in the wee hours to hear it. : )

- Laura
Sponsored links