RCS Dispatch Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greeting's All, I have been hearing some dispatch changes lately with Calfire & North Com as in Calfire seems to be doing more Of Heartland fire dispatches for some of El Cajon and Lakeside as well as some east Santee.

Now in the last week or so I have been hearing North com dispatching Valley Center as well as Pala and surrounding area's as well, Calfire always dispatched these area, Has anybody else heard these changes or am I going crazy, LOL

Mike_G_D

I'll have to pay closer attention; I know there are some changes recently. Maybe Don can elucidate.

-Mike

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Jeff is not going crazy.

For those who are not aware, many agencies contract with the communications centers handling fire / EMS dispatch duties. With the start of the new fiscal year, NorthCom picked up some agencies in the Valley Center area last week.

SCPD

QRT
Ok now a new development Zone 5 on RCS has had some dispatch a medaide as well in Hwy 79 area, And it sounded like Northcom dispatched it not Calfire or Heartland, Zone 5 has been inactive I have not heard a lot on there in while now I'm hearing stuff,

So all you scanner folks in San Diego County start listening there are change's going on the RCS

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

disp10

Premium Subscriber
NCDJPA also started dispatching Rincon Reservation.

Valley Center FPD units are now using the 1600 series numbers (i.e Engine 1611). San Pasqual Resv and Rincon Resv stayed with the same numbers.

Heartland took over dispatching Campo Reservation.

Alain

Brain et.al,

Our CERT coordinator advised us late last week that VCFPD, Pala, Pauma,
Rincon and San Pasqual all now use it [Northcom] for dispatch...

Agreements for Emergency Dispatch Services
• San Pasqual Reservation Fire Department Agreement
• Valley Center Fire Protection District Agreement
• Valley Center EOA – Mercy Ambulance Addendum – Action Requested – Review and Approve

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Noticed by accident that 6B Chula Vista FD Dispatch is broadcasting on the NORTH RCS. I only found this out because my new 436HP loads everything RCS at the same time with ALL sites. I hope it stays that way. I actually would love if Heartland Dispatch was simulcast on the North zone. Every time I am in north county covering a story, I loose the ability to keep track of other incidents on the south end. I am actually working on setting up a "virtual scanner" just to be able to receive sites that I drive out of range of.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.