Testing on 155.715 and 156.225

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_G_D

Over the last few weeks I have heard heavy testing activity on two of the frequencies that the RR database states have to do with the county Animal Rescue Reserve, specifically 155.715MHz and 156.225MHz. I hear the most testing on 155.715MHz with mostly analog FM with a tone of 103.5Hz as well as occasional P25 activity (no modulation just "dead P25 carrier - sorry, didn't note the NAC as it only happened a couple of times and in both cases I just wasn't fast enough to catch the NAC or else was listening with an analog only radio/setting).

By far the most testing appears to be on 155.715MHz. But I've heard the same voices testing both frequencies and switching between the two. They do refer to the 156.225MHz frequency as "OES16" as far as I can tell which the RR database shows which seems to infer some state OES connection?!?

Just wondering if anyone else has noted this and/or has any more info concerning what these are really used for (if not for the Animal Rescue Reserve, I mean). The RR database shows the 155.715MHz frequency as being "deprecated", BTW and the tones do not match (107.2Hz for the RR database while I am getting 103.5Hz on the signals I receive).

I can tell they are testing from various different sites by the signal strength variations and from what the testing folks are saying.

Also, they do get a little "creative" with their lingo sometimes which I can fully understand given the probable monotony of the testing activity; mostly parodying stereotyped 70's CB lingo.

-Mike

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The County is completing a change out of almost all of the conventional infrastructure (150, 450 and 800 MHz). What you are hearing is the commissioning of the new radio equipment (which is P25 capable).

155.715 ("COMM15") is the Wireless Services Division's VHF channel. 156.225 (OES16) is the channel used by the various volunteer organizations who support disaster operations and are registered with the County Office of Emergency Services. The Humane Society Animal Rescue Reserve and the County Department of Animal Services Animal Rescue Team use this channel, as do other volunteer service units of county departments.

The testing will continue through the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.