El Cajon Police Unit Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenS

Hello,

I used to have a Scan Fan publication years ago that had the unit identifiers for all of the smaller SD County law enforcement agencies. However, I no longer have that now. Does anyone know where I can find the unit identification numbering for El Cajon Police? I remember that scandiego.com used to be a good resource, but I think it is no longer up, if I am not mistaken. I was just wondering if someone knows of another source to get the unit numberings for these smaller agencies these days?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Steve

carlt

I lived in El Cajon until 2009, but I don't hear them except for when driving by anymore. This is what I have:

El Cajon Police Station K

1 night shift (6p-6a)
2 day shift
# 0 Central (Downtown)
# 5
# 6 Northwest beat - N of Main, W of Mollison
# 7 Northeast beat - N of Main, E of Mollison
# 8 Southwest beat - S of Main, W of Mollison
# 9 Southeast beat - S of Main, E of Mollison
4 # CSO
4 # C Canine Charles
5 # # Reserve??
6 # # I Investigator
7 # # Desk Sergeant/Animal Control
8 # # I Investigator
9 2 # M Motorcycle Unit Mary
9 3 # T Traffic - Accident Investigation Bureau Tom
9 4 # Traffic CSO
V P # Volunteer patrol Victor
L Lieutenant Lincoln
P SWAT team Paul
R Reserve
S Sergeant Sam
X extra patrol

So a day shift patrol in sector 6 would be 206, 216, 226. A K-9 would be 41C, 42C, etc.

StevenS

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate. I lived in El Cajon for much of my youth (about 17 years). I really only get back there these days to visit family though.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive resource online where unit identifiers for these lesser known police departments exist? That was one of the things the old Scan Fan books were helpful with. It would be even better if there was a place in Radio Reference where necessary information like this could be adde, since it is more or less the main source for public safety radio information. Just my two cents.

Thanks again for the help.

Best Regards,

Steve

StevenS

Hi Carl,

I want to thank you again. Just by way of an update for others that may be interested in this topic, I finally had some time to listen to El Cajon PD on the RCS South this week. Your unit identification still seems accurate. This is good to know that there appear to be few if any changes since your info from 2009. Thanks again!

Joey - Thanks for the advice. I had forgotten about the Wiki. That is a good idea.

Best Regards,

Steve

How To Buy A Police Scanner - Your Guide to Getting In On The Action

Status
Not open for further replies.