California fish and game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I heard somewhere that they were moving to 700MHz digital in Southern California due to interference on VHF from Mexico. You might try there.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
OK got them now, my scanner was set to the old PL tone for Palomar mt. New tone for decoding is 186.2. I will sniff out the other tones on Black Jack and Santiago when they come up. RR needs to update the tone list if this stuff is to be up to date.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Submit data and we'll take care of it.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
There's a "Submit" button on the page with the frequencies that need updating.

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
I heard somewhere that they were moving to 700MHz digital in Southern California due to interference on VHF from Mexico. You might try there.

They will be using 700 MHz for vehicle extenders similar to CHP.

scottyhetzel

F&w was going to the 700 band statewide but it was not an extender... There is a thread on this in the forums .

141.3 is the San bernardino onyx p.l. Confirmed...

107.2 is the toro peak/ Santa Rosa site ...confirmed.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
They will be using 700 MHz for vehicle extenders similar to CHP.

That is a fact. Almost every vehicle now has a Pyramid P25 700mhz extender installed. At the same time they upgraded to Kenwood 100 watt VHF mobiles. They also bought Harris Unity portables which allows them to use the 700 extender or the fish&wildlife channels, or local law from their portables. I have confirmed the use of the 700 extenders many times.

scottyhetzel

Maybe to cross talk for interop with chp portables... I can hit most repeaters with 5 watts... I hardly ever hear F&w on both repeaters... Mostly traffic stops. I know the state wanted to go to the 700/800 band for repeaters... I'm sure they have ICall, clemars9, on their portables...

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I found so far.
141.3 is the San bernardino onyx p.l. Confirmed...

107.2 is the toro peak/ Santa Rosa site ...confirmed.

186.2 Palomar Boucher San Diego County Confirmed

127.3 Lyons Peak Confirmed

156.7 Santaigo Peak Confirmed

162.2 Black Jack Catalina Island Confirmed

103.5 Black Mountain Imperial County Confirmed.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Here is what I found so far.
I've not heard of anything changing. Are you just confirming YOU can hear these repeaters? All the tones match what's in the DB.

I don't want anyone getting confused and thinking the DB is incorrect.

Last edited:

W6KRU

I am pretty sure that Boucher Hill is incorrect in the DB as P25Radio reports. I wasn't hearing any traffic until I changed the 114.8 tone listed in the DB to search. I then started receiving traffic with a 186.2 tone and Boucher would be the site most logical for me to receive.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I am pretty sure that Boucher Hill is incorrect in the DB as P25Radio reports.
It is, my bad. I checked my files and Boucher only exists with 186.2.

Onyx still shows as 151.4 so I'd like to know how that was confirmed. It's the only one mentioned that differs from my fleet map.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
I've not heard of anything changing. Are you just confirming YOU can hear these repeaters? All the tones match what's in the DB.

I don't want anyone getting confused and thinking the DB is incorrect.

Boucher is incorrect in the data base. The tones I am getting are from hearing this out of the scanner and read with a CD-2 decoder unit.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Boucher is incorrect in the data base. The tones I am getting are from hearing this out of the scanner and read with a CD-2 decoder unit.
Boucher was updated.

I understand how you get the tone but I want to know what makes Onyx "confirmed" if you have confirmed it. It looks like you copypasta'd scotty's confirmations.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
Boucher was updated.

I understand how you get the tone but I want to know what makes Onyx "confirmed" if you have confirmed it. It looks like you copypasta'd scotty's confirmations.

I did copy and paste it, I can also here the repeater from my house, not clear but enough to read the tone. I am up pretty high. Also thank you for updating the F&G page. I found out where I went wrong to submit the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.