SD City Failsoft mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Early this morning, every SDPD dispatcher put out that the system would be going into Failsoft mode, and that it would be priority traffic only, and multiple talkgroups would be combined. FD put out a similar advisory. Then the time came, dispatchers announced Failsoft happening NOW.........I enabled my conventional 800MHz scan bank and waited for the beeping to start. And nothing, normal traffic, except dispatchers were on handhelds.

Not sure if the failure failed, or if someone doesn't know what Failsoft is.

Anyone have a list of what the Failsoft frequencies are for each talkgroup, or the RCS for that matter? I may be able to pull SDPD/SDFD out of an old City programmed radio, but not sure if they are still current.

Paul

cmdrwill

That is part of the Trunking configuration. But in your radio Failsoft is Disabled.

StevenS

SD City Failsoft mode! Reply to Thread

Hey Paul,

Did you get a recording of any of the failsoft mode transmissions?

In all of my years of listening, I have still never caught one of these events as it happened.

Pretty cool I bet!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
No recordings, because nothing happened. I think they may have been doing a "Failsoft drill", just to see how they WOULD operate if it occurred. All talkgroups continued to function normally and display on my scanner.

For reference, I used to operate on a trunked system in the 90's, and when it went down once into Failsoft mode, the talkgroup I was on was locked into a conventional repeater mode with an open carrier and an occasional beep. The other users (other talkgroups) of the system who ended up stuck on my "repeater" were confused, and I had to explain to them what was happening. :)

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
SDPD dispatcher just gave the warning to prepare for Failsoft mode for the next 2+ hours.

Dispatchers are saying that officers will hear a beeping tone every 10 seconds.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If anyone is awake and can LOG what FREQUENCIES are locked for what TALKGROUPS, that would be very useful. I will log what i can while working.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.