EBRCS testing P25 Trunked System in Contra Costa

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougr1252

East Bay RCS has a P25 control channel up in Contra Costa Co. somewhere. This freq is licensed for the same sites as Richmond's trunk system.

WQLV705
SID 1F1
Site 003

samccormack

Premium Subscriber
Mystery P25 system in Contra Costa County?

Yesterday I was in the Concord Fry's playing with the Uniden BCD396XT scanner and while I was scanning the Public Safety built-in system I came across a signal in the 800 range (I don't remember the exact freq it was 853.125 or 863.125) that the scanner marked as a P25 signal (I saw a P25 show up in the lower right corner of the screen) and I heard a fragment of what was clearly a digital voice transmission (I got just enough to hear them say "10-4). Unfortunately I only heard the last 1/2 second or so of the transmission before it ended and the scanner moved on and by the time I had recovered from the shock of hearing a digital system in Concord and tried to get the scanner to find the signal again I was unable to pick it up again.

As far as I know and as far as I can tell from the database there aren't any P25 systems in Contra Costa County at all. Is this true or am I picking up some multi-county P25 system? If there is a P25 system available in CoCo County is the info in the RR Database?

My second question relates to the scanner itself. I have a 396T and I am really wanting the XT especially if it truly does what I think I saw it do in the store in that it detected a P25 digital signal and was able to grab it if only momentarily straight off the air without any programming. When I went home (I live only a short distance from the Fry's) I started exploring the 800mhz range with my 396T and I picked up what I think are a lot of data channels or trunking control channels (I know at least one of these belongs to BART which I can hear quite clearly at my house) but some of the frequencies I was picking up also were associated with PG&E and seemed to have just data but I've not programed PG&E trunking system into my scanner to see what comes up so i am not sure what all I am getting. Either way my scanner didn't even decode any P25 systems on its own like the XT seemed to at Fry's and I know that scanner wasn't programmed at all as it had all the default built-in systems and the Fry's virtually ignores their scanner area.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Answer to your first question, I think they are testing the new EBRCS. There is another thread about it.

samccormack

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Answer to your first question, I think they are testing the new EBRCS. There is another thread about it.

After poking around on here I have a strong suspicion that what that was as well but I am having a heck of a time finding any programming info to attempt to access the system. I suppose if I pickup a 396XT and use unitracker I might be able to get the info I need to set it up and have a listen.

kma371

QRT
After poking around on here I have a strong suspicion that what that was as well but I am having a heck of a time finding any programming info to attempt to access the system. I suppose if I pickup a 396XT and use unitracker I might be able to get the info I need to set it up and have a listen.

Well, from what I understood, it's not really active yet so you won't hear much. They are still in the testing phase and the control channels and sites aren't 100% known.

Last edited:

dougr1252

Testing only at this time. So far I've heard encrypted voice only - anybody heard clear traffic?

EBRCS West Cell Simulcast - P25 Auto
851.35000 not used yet
851.36250 voice ch
852.60000 voice ch
852.61250 voice ch
852.92500 not used yet
852.93750 voice ch
853.28750 alt cc
853.30000 alt cc
853.73750 alt cc
853.75000 primary cc

Well, from what I understood, it's not really active yet so you won't hear much. They are still in the testing phase and the control channels and sites aren't 100% known.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Antioch votes to join emergency radio network

Antioch votes to join emergency radio network - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee

ANTIOCH -- The city of Antioch has signed on to a regional radio network that will make it easier for it to communicate with other San Francisco Bay area agencies in an emergency.

The Antioch City Council voted 4-0 on Tuesday to join the network and assume a portion of its costs. The system would allow all Bay area police and fire agencies to be on the same radio frequency range during a disaster.

It is expected to be up and running in 2013.

Antioch will also have to spend about $670,000 on 225 new radios for the police department and animal shelter that will work with the system. The radios would cost an additional $165,000 a year to maintain.

Mayor Jim Davis said the costs are difficult to bear, but the city can't afford to be cut off from other agencies in an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.