RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > San Francisco Bay Area Discussion

San Francisco Bay Area Discussion Local area specific discussion for the San Francisco Bay area including the North, East and South Bays.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 8:28 PM
Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by silagi View Post
I am hearing some activity on ALCO SW this morning. It is showing a TG ID of 10007. Only catching bits and pieces but in on of the conversations I heard 2-L-10 and something about contacting Hayward.
ALCO SW
TG 10007
EBRP (they kept pronouncing it E-BURP, never heard them say that term before haha)

These guys testing were entertaining...they were testing the radios with mic's in their mouths to see if their was any distortion haha

Anyway, I heard some fire guys (running chainsaws in the background to see if they could hear it) and some PD guys giving unit status' so it's used by both I guess.
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2012, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibzzer15 View Post
Yeah that sounds like a Fremont unit, 2D20 would have been zone 2, D for detective, and 20 as a unique indentifier.....I know I heard a lot of detective units out tonight so it very well could have been possible.
I just heard from a reliable source at Fremont PD and they will begin programming radios next week, but won't switch over for another few weeks.
Old 11-15-2012, 1:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland_Tower View Post
I just heard from a reliable source at Fremont PD and they will begin programming radios next week, but won't switch over for another few weeks.
Good news, can't wait for the switchover...hopes its for the better and doesn't turn out for the worst!!!

In the past I have heard detective units beginning with a 2, it was not often BUT I know I did hear 2D units..though it could have been detectives from neighboring cities OR them talking on a multi-city channel.

btw, check your PMs Oakland_Tower.
Old 11-15-2012, 4:43 AM
California DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland_Tower View Post
I disagree. The detectives start with a 5. E.g. 5D20. Don't forget Hayward will be joining the system, but I don't know enough about their beat plan to confirm its them. I think Alameda and San Leandro use the the nine code, so not them. That leaves ACSO, Newark or Union City. Keep monitoring!
Although Oakland, Alameda and San Leandro use 900 code in lieu of 10-code, they all use the standard (number-letter-number-number) unit identifier format. For example in Oakland, the first number is the shift (e.g. 1 is graves, 2 & 3 are day and swing respectively I think), the letter is unit type (L for 1 man patrol car, A for 2 man, etc), and the last two numbers were beat (with the sergeants being up in the 60s). It's been forever since I've listened to Alameda or San Leandro PDs on the ALCO system, but I believe they followed the same unit ID format as Oakland (with first number being the shift). How does this compare to Fremont?

We should try not to stray too far OT from EBRCS, but I think this helps as far as IDing the talkgroup in question...
Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo88 View Post
Although Oakland, Alameda and San Leandro use 900 code in lieu of 10-code, they all use the standard (number-letter-number-number) unit identifier format. For example in Oakland, the first number is the shift (e.g. 1 is graves, 2 & 3 are day and swing respectively I think), the letter is unit type (L for 1 man patrol car, A for 2 man, etc), and the last two numbers were beat (with the sergeants being up in the 60s). It's been forever since I've listened to Alameda or San Leandro PDs on the ALCO system, but I believe they followed the same unit ID format as Oakland (with first number being the shift). How does this compare to Fremont?

We should try not to stray too far OT from EBRCS, but I think this helps as far as IDing the talkgroup in question...
I was referring to the use of "10-8". Alameda, S.L. and Oak would say "908". Fremont's ID plan is different. First number is patrol zone, second character is shift, third is unit number (individually assigned). E.g. 2X4 is a zone two day shift unit operated by Officer John Doe.
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2012, 7:10 PM

It appears that the patch of ConFire Central onto 6013 is currently inactive. ConFire Central is very much active on their VHF channel.

I don't know that I'd change the db entry at this point... I'll keep an eye on them and see what happens.
Old 11-16-2012, 9:19 PM

TG 7708 CCSO Tac (Enc)

Lots of activity tonight - all enc.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Database Admin

Again I have to remind people, if you are not providing new information or updating on existing then DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. Otherwise your post will get deleted as I have stated multiple times.

There is a separate thread (Here: EBRCS Question Thread) stuck to the top of this forum for people to post questions about programming their scanner, about specific agencies or whatever. People, please take an extra moment to look around.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Old 11-20-2012, 9:39 PM

Much testing this afternoon on ALCO SW on TG 3205, followed by some scenario reading on 3210. The scenarios took place in Fremont (simulated traffic stops). Sounded like techs just checking newly programmed radios for audio quality. So sounds like 3205 will be Fremont PD Main Dispatch, and perhaps 3210 will be FPD channel 6 (if channel plan is patterned after PPD and LPD). I'll update DB when this is confirmed.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2012, 7:08 PM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

After reviewing recordings...

TG 3105, giving locations in Berkeley. Likely Berkeley PD.

TG 3205, voice tests (1,2,3,4,5) only
Per prior comments this might be Fremont PD

TG 3206, "3x6 10-33" / "2x6"

TG 3207, "can you hear me at all?"

TG 3210, simulated traffic stops in Fremont
As previously reported

TG 6022, "a couple blocks from the training center" / "downtown walnut creek in quarters"
Possibly CONFIRE related due to other confirmed talkgroups.

TG 6023, locations in san ramon (I actually recognize the voice of the radio tech, whom I used to work with haha)
Based on the person I'm hearing it's either San Ramon Valley Fire or CONFIRE.

TG 7108, voice tests (1,2,3,4,5) only

Also, check the wiki as I've been making notes on possible users based on radio IDs or TG's

Last edited by kma371; 11-21-2012 at 7:50 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
After reviewing recordings...

TG 3105, giving locations in Berkeley. Likely Berkeley PD.

TG 3205, voice tests (1,2,3,4,5) only
Per prior comments this might be Fremont PD

TG 3206, "3x6 10-33" / "2x6"

TG 3207, "can you hear me at all?"

TG 3210, simulated traffic stops in Fremont
As previously reported

TG 6022, "a couple blocks from the training center" / "downtown walnut creek in quarters"

TG 6023, locations in san ramon (I actually recognize the voice of the radio tech, whom I used to work with haha)
Based on the person I'm hearing it's either San Ramon Valley Fire or CONFIRE.

TG 7108, voice tests (1,2,3,4,5) only

Also, check the wiki as I've been making notes on possible users based on radio IDs or TG's
Per your own instances previous, what systems are you hearing these on??

I'm also hearing testing now on CCCO Central from what appears to be Richmond Fire or ConFire or some combination of both - 6308, 6309, 6310, 6312 most on 4500xxx radios.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptolemus View Post
Per your own instances previous, what systems are you hearing these on??
I'm searching all four sites I can receive at once, so there is no way for me to tell...smart guy

Normally I've been setting it on one system per day, that way I can tell where they are coming from but I didn't want to limit it because I didn't want to miss something.

Last edited by kma371; 11-22-2012 at 12:55 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
I think this is like an Admin channel? I heard discussion today talking about station alerting. I think I heard a unit of 1185? This was on COCO East between 4521158 and 4521150.

I've got a radio monitoring the network now, along with activity logging on ALCO East, COCO East and COCO Central. Can't hear any other interesting sites! So if someone has TG and timestamps I can look up call records.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneH View Post
I think this is like an Admin channel? I heard discussion today talking about station alerting. I think I heard a unit of 1185? This was on COCO East between 4521158 and 4521150.

I've got a radio monitoring the network now, along with activity logging on ALCO East, COCO East and COCO Central. Can't hear any other interesting sites! So if someone has TG and timestamps I can look up call records.
Yeah when I heard traffic the other day, it was admin traffic as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Database Admin

Caught this today while they were "testing coverage":

TG 6022 TAC O 10
TG 6023 TAC O 11

I'm not sure yet if it was SRV or ConFire

ETA: appears to be ConFire doing the testing but the channels are no doubt shared between them.

Last edited by WayneH; 11-28-2012 at 12:00 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2012, 1:45 PM

Testing on ALCO East and SW TGID 2662. Sounds like ALCO Fire engine 26 and truck 25 (Castro Valley) along with BC 2 testing at a large building (possibly Eden Hospital).
Old 11-28-2012, 1:46 PM

Radio testing on TG 2662 on East. Radio ID I saw was 3035005. Sounds like FD doing some testing from inside a few buildings.. Batallion 5, Engine 22, Battalion 2, and Engine26, were the call signs I heard. Thought i heard them refer to channel as Command 2, but not certain.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom79 View Post
Thought i heard them refer to channel as Command 2, but not certain.
I definitely heard "Command 2".

-

I'm starting to update the radio ID's in the Wiki so keep an eye on them or edit if anyone has updates.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Testing on SW this morning with talkgroups 3205 and 3208
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Also hearing test on TG 3206. Hopefully they will bring Fremont online soon. I live in Fremont but have always had poor reception at my home on the old ALCO system.

Tags
ebrcs, sticky