RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > California Radio Discussion Forum > San Francisco Bay Area Discussion

San Francisco Bay Area Discussion Local area specific discussion for the San Francisco Bay area including the North, East and South Bays.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 5:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Have you tried a hard reset? Last time I was having particular issues with a channel I know I could normally get, doing a hard reset fixed it.
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2014, 9:29 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogic View Post
I live in the Concord/Clayton area. Does anyone have issues with CPD intermittently going dark? I am trying to figure out whether or not this is a scanner related issue or if it is a system related issue. I never had this issue with the analogue signal on my Ham.
Since you're dealing with a SmartZone system now it's important you're monitoring the correct sites, which for Concord is the COCO Central site. I have notes that they're denied on East but there seem to be occasional conditions where those restrictions don't apply. So you may only be hearing them from the East site, which will be more miss than hit.
Old 02-06-2014, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneH View Post
Since you're dealing with a SmartZone system now it's important you're monitoring the correct sites, which for Concord is the COCO Central site. I have notes that they're denied on East but there seem to be occasional conditions where those restrictions don't apply. So you may only be hearing them from the East site, which will be more miss than hit.
I've had several instances where my 396 will say on the display that it's trying to locate the control channel.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:06 AM

That makes sense. I've noticed is that it doesn't register a primary active site when it isn't picking up broadcasts. It seems to happen randomly and I am not sure exactly what brings it back to life or causes it to go "deaf". I don't think that I have any control over which sites it chooses to monitor; it seems to automatically select the correct site when it is functioning properly.

I've reset it, updated the database, and erased an updated my favorites to ensure that they are current as well. This evening I removed the factory antenna and attached a Comet and it suddenly started working again (after several attempts to reset it). When I put the factory antenna back on it continued to function properly. I am not sure if I need a better external antenna since when it is functioning properly it receives a clean signal.

Thanks for the input. Looks like it is going back to Uniden yet again since it is definitely related to my device and not the system.
Old 03-09-2014, 1:26 PM

I sent it in and they replaced it. It is performing/functioning better but still hit or miss in regards to reception. Disappointing results. I even created a favorites list that only included the Central Site to monitor.

Does anyone else have this issue in the Concord/Clayton area using a stock antenna? Would I see better results if I used an Outdoor antenna? I'd hate to keep dumping money into a lost cause.

As of right now this isn't a very reliable device. Its too bad because I really liked its features and form factor. I'd appreciate any recommendations regarding other devices to replace the Homepatrol with or whether or not an external antenna would help.

I should be well within the coverage area for this site.

Last edited by Analogic; 03-09-2014 at 1:39 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2014, 7:39 PM

Question about ALCO...

Do ALCO SO and ALCO Fire talkgroups broadcast wide on all three ALCO cells? I'm comparing to the way CCCO SO and ConFire are county-wide on the CCCO cells.

I can't hear any ALCO cells from my location and am programming up some radios for use there.
Old 03-14-2014, 9:51 PM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptolemus View Post
Question about ALCO...

Do ALCO SO and ALCO Fire talkgroups broadcast wide on all three ALCO cells? I'm comparing to the way CCCO SO and ConFire are county-wide on the CCCO cells.

I can't hear any ALCO cells from my location and am programming up some radios for use there.
Yes. They are on all cells. Even the Crane Ridge site. For me that's the only way I can hear them because I can't copy any of the simulcast cells from my location.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
Yes. They are on all cells. Even the Crane Ridge site. For me that's the only way I can hear them because I can't copy any of the simulcast cells from my location.
Thanks. I assumed as much... but you know what they say...
Old 03-15-2014, 5:27 PM

Default ALCO FD on all cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
I thought that too however today I'm only hearing east county units an LP on the east cell.. Not picking up Bat 1,2 or 4 and fremont at all... Anything possibly change?
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2014, 10:13 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default EBRCS - 5565 Group

Greetings,
Anyone know what group 5565 belongs too? I see this tag group pop up occasionally on the EBRCS south site.

vince48
Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Global DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
Greetings,
Anyone know what group 5565 belongs too? I see this tag group pop up occasionally on the EBRCS south site.

vince48
what radio IDs?

I only see Paramedics Plus radios on it so its probably some type of company channel.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:49 AM

Any info. on Berkeley PD's radio crash over the weekend?
Old 06-10-2014, 1:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooivalk View Post
KTVU had a report about it earlier: Berkeley police, city investigate problems with officers' radios | www.ktvu.com. It sounds more like a dead spot there than a NW cell issue. I don't think I've had difficulty picking up the NW cell from various parts of Berkeley, Oakland or Alameda. I did live on 10th Street and Hearst Avenue in Berkeley, which is just a few blocks away from that shooting at the La Quinta. While I had some breakups with my PSR-500, I attributed that to a strong cell phone tower that was overloading my scanner and causing desense.
Old 06-10-2014, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiobern View Post
KTVU had a report about it earlier: Berkeley police, city investigate problems with officers' radios | www.ktvu.com. It sounds more like a dead spot there than a NW cell issue. I don't think I've had difficulty picking up the NW cell from various parts of Berkeley, Oakland or Alameda. I did live on 10th Street and Hearst Avenue in Berkeley, which is just a few blocks away from that shooting at the La Quinta. While I had some breakups with my PSR-500, I attributed that to a strong cell phone tower that was overloading my scanner and causing desense.
Thanks, i saw the teaser, but missed the segment. BPD comes in fine where i live, but everything else on EBRCS is spotty to say the least.
Old 06-10-2014, 7:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooivalk View Post
I've moved your posts to the EBRCS Question thread. This question isn't related to any system updates.

All rules and guidelines are covered in this forum. These are required reading for new members and all existing should follow for any updates.
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2014, 7:08 PM

I've seen a couple hits on this TG on CCCO Central with AMR radios. Everything from 5551 on up in the 55XX range is looking like CCCO MED and hospitals.

EBRCS #4169048
Old 07-13-2014, 9:05 PM

So have all the fire departments made the switch over to EBRCS yet? When I was in the area last May Con Fire was still on there old system.
Old 07-26-2014, 9:53 PM

Default Help with EBRCS and Uniden BCD396XT

Hi all,

Have been out of the scanning game for a bit and of course, everything has changed. P25 is a new animal for me completely. Tried programming frequencies for EBRCS East, but hear nothing. I would appreciate suggestions for threads here or elsewhere to help get me over the learning curve to be able to hear things again. I'm in Fremont.

Thanks, Steve
Old 07-26-2014, 10:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You will want the ALCO Southwest site for Fremont. I am using Freescan and will actually be updating my scanner tonight, so if you want to PM your email, I can send you a copy of the programming for your 396xt.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:42 PM

Default CONFIRE new talkgroups

Hi hopefully this is the correct thread. I would like to know if the new CONFIRE updated talkgroups that are listed in radio reference will be available to download to a PSR 800 scanner ? I tried updating my Scanner library list this weekend and did not see the new con fire IDs ? I also noticed some other new car group IDs in Contra Costa County as well.

Tags