New to Pleasant Hill CA need hel

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocop80

Hello All,

I just moved from NJ to Pleasant Hill CA and I'm not very familiar with the area or surrounding towns. I was looking for some good recommendations on areas close to me with good listening action. I enjoy listening to public safety only (police,fire,emt). I programmed the east bay trucked system and pleasant hill conventional channels not much from pleasant hill every now and then something. The trunked system is very active but I mainly am hearing the talk group for sheriff west which I don't know where sheriff west actually is. Any good suggestions that you think I would be able to reach from this area would great. I have a digital and analog scanner no extra antenna just stock so I guess something close or very stron signal but willing to try any good suggestions.

Thanks

rooivalk

Check the database. Currently, most of Contra Costa County is still conventional, and I'd program Concord, Antioch and Pitsburgh, as they are the most busy.

CoCo S.O. contracts to many of the smaller cities, I.E. Orinda, Lafayette, etc, and aren't too busy. But North Richmond and Bay Point, also covered by the S.O. have their moments.

Don't forget CHP (channel "Maroon").

kma371

QRT
I'd be very surprised if you could hear Antioch and Pittsburgh 460 Mhz from Pleasant Hill.

I like how people from Utah chime in here about coverage in California...

But anyway, if you program 155.190 which is Contra Costa SO East Dispatch, it is patched to Pittsburg PD (That is a dispatch contract.) You will have no problems hearing them on that. 460.375 is their main UHF, it should be readable too with outside antenna.

I could hear Antioch VHF from where I used to live in Martinez, which is just north of you, but I used an outside antenna.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
The trunked system is very active but I mainly am hearing the talk group for sheriff west which I don't know where sheriff west actually is.

It's the western end of the county.

North Richmond, Tara Hills, Crocket, Rodeo, El Sobrante, Moraga, Orinda and Lafayette (even though the last three are more central, they are dispatched on the West channel.)

Status
Not open for further replies.