Contra Cost County SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
As I look now I see all three dispatch channels are still patched over. Most of the traffic is coming from the EBRCS though.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
As I look now I see all three dispatch channels are still patched over. Most of the traffic is coming from the EBRCS though.

Was going to ask what the purpose of having 2 different sets of frequencies. So the non EBRCS channels are just being patched through from EBRCS frequencies?

kma371

QRT
Was going to ask what the purpose of having 2 different sets of frequencies. So the non EBRCS channels are just being patched through from EBRCS frequencies?

he's saying most of, if not all of the EBRCS traffic is coming from the system itself and not the vhf channels.

so the vhf channels are basically rebroadcasting the EBRCS traffic, probably for interop

SCPD

QRT
Some dispatchers are still not "on" EBRCS... They don't show a RID when they broadcast. Plus, lots of traffic still originating from the analog system onto EBRCS... Sounds like crap; wish they'd hurry up...some deputies sound like they're eating the radio when they speak.

kma371

QRT
Some dispatchers are still not "on" EBRCS... They don't show a RID when they broadcast. Plus, lots of traffic still originating from the analog system onto EBRCS... Sounds like crap; wish they'd hurry up...some deputies sound like they're eating the radio when they speak.

for Contra Costa s/o?

I haven't seen a dispatcher NOT have a radio ID in weeks?

jeremyphoto23

It is my understanding that they don't currently have enough radios to deploy to all deputies and vehicles...hence the use of VHF...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
for Contra Costa s/o?

I haven't seen a dispatcher NOT have a radio ID in weeks?

Of course now that you make me stare at pro96com for 15 minutes all the dispatchers have a RID. Positions 04, 07, 11 active.... anywho, I digress.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I live on north Stockton area and can pick up COCO SO East and Central channels with a strong signal. I'll try throwing in the EBRCS channels and see how that pans!

kma371

QRT
It is my understanding that they don't currently have enough radios to deploy to all deputies and vehicles...hence the use of VHF...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah that may be true. i know Danville just got their radios a few weeks ago. county patrol guys had them before the contracts did.

kma371

QRT
Thanks for the replies. I live on north Stockton area and can pick up COCO SO East and Central channels with a strong signal. I'll try throwing in the EBRCS channels and see how that pans!

I'm getting them here too but not a great decode because of the simulcast issue.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting them here too but not a great decode because of the simulcast issue.

The signal is full for me. But the audio seems scratchy sometimes. Others it seems to come in just fine, on the VHF ones. I haven't gotten the EBRCS in because I need to figure out how to get the proper simulcast system into my PRO106 and then assign the proper TGID.

Status
Not open for further replies.