So who here has a Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben96cal

Thinking about getting one however looking for opinions on how much better it is on digital systems. Anyone using one? I'm sure there a 1 or 2 people who we're in the test group.

Ben

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Scannermaster is accepting orders now. Ship late Jan.

Exactly.... It's not out yet, and it's not shipping yet.

And also.... many beta tester NDAs do not expire when a product is released. Those testers may be under agreement to keep their identities and test experiences confidential if they wish to be trusted beta testers again when the next product is in the pipeline. A very common occurrence.

Ben96cal

Maybe they can't talk about their experiences during beta testing but as a private user they can comment on it. You're going to tell me that if they buy one with their money they can't talk about it? I think not.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

They have not been released to the general public yet. So, even if the beta testers were able to keep the units they were testing, they cannot comment on it, at least not until the units are available to the general public. You're simply going to have to wait until February, (if they're shipping in January), for user reviews, when people have had their unit(s) long enough to formulate opinions on them.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
You're going to tell me that if they buy one with their money they can't talk about it? I think not.

How do you know that anyone who is testing has paid their own money for the product? Do you think even if Uniden charged a beta tester for the unit that they (Uniden) would then release the tester from a NDA because they used their own money? I think not.

I haven't seen any testers reporting their experiences here, have you?

Why do you suppose they haven't?

questnz

Storm in the Tea Cop. Whats can be publicly disclosed and not under embargo was already posted on this forums and on the YouTube. Officially scanners are NOT released yet. There was already too much speculation on the products. Just hold on.

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they can't talk about their experiences during beta testing but as a private user they can comment on it. You're going to tell me that if they buy one with their money they can't talk about it? I think not.

Geez...someone isn't being told what they want to hear

mkewman

I'll do you one better,

Call HRO (Ham Radio Outlet) and ask them if they'll have a demo unit at their Bay Area stores. That way, you can stop by and mess with it yourself before you buy it, and see if it picks up the systems you want.

Ben96cal

I already knew who they were, thought maybe I'd get a private message from 1.. Wasn't expecting a full post review. Some people want to make it into drama...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I already knew who they were, thought maybe I'd get a private message from 1.. Wasn't expecting a full post review. Some people want to make it into drama...

Why would any of them want to disclose anything to you privately and not to the rest of the folks here in the public forums?

There are a lot of us here that know who they are, and we also know what an NDA is.

mkewman

Call HRO in Sunnyvale or Oakland and ask them if they will have a demo unit. Then you can mess with it in the store and form an opinion of it yourself, all while monitoring your local radio systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.