CONUS SATCOM ProScan Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
For the time being I have put up a ProScan feed of the CONUS transponders. From where I'm at that's all I can receive. The PACIFIC is over the horizon and I can just barely get some stuff from the 22 West ATLANTIC but with the antenna on the ground it has to point through houses horizontally. I will try that sat from the rooftop when the weather warms up. But as you can imagine CONUS blasts in full tilt since I'm pretty much right under it.

The antenna is one of the large AV2011 types pointed 45 degrees elevation and about 190 degrees (100 West area). It has an Advanced Receiver Research low noise preamp with only ( 1 db noise factor) at the antenna feeding a run of LMR400 to a BCT15.

I have pretty much all transponders in the list. It will probably hang on noise and other garble on the transponders but I will try to keep an ear to it to clean it up and keep it rolling.

The feed is at thisradio.doesntexist.com port 7637

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Cool! Hearing a little activity now and then.

Thanks!

mancow

Database Admin
Yea probably wont be very interesting if you don't know Spanish. Unfortunately I don't.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Yea probably wont be very interesting if you don't know Spanish. Unfortunately I don't.

Sounds more like Portuguese to me...but I could be wrong.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Ha! First time I tried it spell check had no idea what I meant,

KevinC

Super Moderator
You may want to get a filter for that paging that's hitting 262.225.

cjrjr507

Tried it and getting an "no response" message on the radio display. It is connecting but something is wrong or stuck?

Last edited:

rbm

I have pretty much all transponders in the list. It will probably hang on noise and other garble on the transponders but I will try to keep an ear to it to clean it up and keep it rolling.

I've added a feed from near the East Coast. (and for consistency, I used the same port #)

Like Mancow, I'll try to clean it up over time.

I'm streaming txt tags with it so you can see which frequency is active.

URL is: scanbroomecounty.no-ip.org:7637

Edit: The scanner I originally set up for this feed is one in which I have installed narrow filters. I'll be changing that shortly.

Rich

By the way, I still have several feet of snow so there's no way I'm going out there to set up my X-Wing antenna.

This feed is using one of the 32 ports on my ST-2 antenna with an LNA-1000 preamp mounted at the antenna.

Last edited:

scouseian

For the time being I have put up a ProScan feed of the CONUS transponders. From where I'm at that's all I can receive. The PACIFIC is over the horizon and I can just barely get some stuff from the 22 West ATLANTIC but with the antenna on the ground it has to point through houses horizontally. I will try that sat from the rooftop when the weather warms up. But as you can imagine CONUS blasts in full tilt since I'm pretty much right under it.

The antenna is one of the large AV2011 types pointed 45 degrees elevation and about 190 degrees (100 West area). It has an Advanced Receiver Research low noise preamp with only ( 1 db noise factor) at the antenna feeding a run of LMR400 to a BCT15.

Hi from UK,

I was an avid listerner to ur scanner for the last year, but it has now gone off line, is there a problem with it or is it just a change of port??. Would love to get back to the comms on there, One of the best radios on line for us UK guys

Ian

mancow

Database Admin
I took it down after redoing the shack. I might put it back up later. I'm still contemplating it. I have a small tablet with Win-10 that I'm going to test to see if it can handle being a tiny feed PC. One major motivation was getting the big PC out of the room that just sat there doing nothing but serving up a feed, taking up space, generating heat and making noise.

The way this country is going I initially decided not to put it back up. Everything is illegal now and if it's not illegal by statute it's illegal by some regulatory bureaucrat's whim. I have to think on it a bit.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Wish I had known that feed was up. I really need to get my Andrew bi-filar helical antenna back up. There were Russian mobile phones around 266 .6 MHz downlink last I tuned the satellites.

mancow

Database Admin
Wish I had known that feed was up. I really need to get my Andrew bi-filar helical antenna back up. There were Russian mobile phones around 266 .6 MHz downlink last I tuned the satellites.

The system was just a TACO antenna with a preamp and a 785 for milair at about 30 feet. I had two, one for satcom and one for milair. The satcom was a Dorne and Margolin high gain sitting on the ground with a preamp. The milair ran much longer than the satcom due to me being bored with all the pirates on satcom. I then came across the Airspy and the fast scan plugin and got sidetracked with that.

Anyway, when everything is illegal or deemed a national threat what does it matter right? With all the guns, radios, and what not I'm sure I'm first on the list anyway. You bastards better toss me some beef jerky through the cattle car slats when I get hauled off. I'll work on getting them back up, or at least the milair, when I get time. I have to work all weekend but I'll update when it's up.

Hmm... I might go big and see if I can put the Harris 225-400 new antenna up on the 100' tower I have access to. The only issue is the co-location with the UHF repeaters. I have a 996XT there now on a DB-224 and that radio gets pounded like a $20 whore. I have some filters but I doubt they could resist all that but we can try.

52311788.jpg

Last edited:

scouseian

The system was just a TACO antenna with a preamp and a 785 for milair at about 30 feet. I had two, one for satcom and one for milair. The satcom was a Dorne and Margolin high gain sitting on the ground with a preamp. The milair ran much longer than the satcom due to me being bored with all the pirates on satcom. I then came across the Airspy and the fast scan plugin and got sidetracked with that.

Anyway, when everything is illegal or deemed a national threat what does it matter right? With all the guns, radios, and what not I'm sure I'm first on the list anyway. You bastards better toss me some beef jerky through the cattle car slats when I get hauled off. I'll work on getting them back up, or at least the milair, when I get time. I have to work all weekend but I'll update when it's up.

Hmm... I might go big and see if I can put the Harris 225-400 new antenna up on the 100' tower I have access to. The only issue is the co-location with the UHF repeaters. I have a 996XT there now on a DB-224 and that radio gets pounded like a $20 whore. I have some filters but I doubt they could resist all that but we can try.

52311788.jpg

Any update??

Status
Not open for further replies.