Wanted: Trivec-Avant AV2040-2 antenna manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
I’ve acquired a Trivec-Avant AV2040-2 antenna (NSN 5985014854672), which should arrive in a day or so. I’ve never seen this antenna in the flesh, but assume assembly will be obvious and straightforward.

However I like to have the manuals for my gear, and I’ve spent some hours over the weekend trying to find an instruction/assembly manual on the web without success.

Can anyone point me to a link where one can be downloaded, or send me a PM if you have one you could scan or copy.

Assistance would be very much appreciated :)

PACNWDude

https://youtu.be/XyHeILq5XkQ 2040 antenna setup, not the best,but shows being careful opening the radiating elements. The circuit board can break if you let them flip open under spring tension too often.

https://youtu.be/XkKk2kGDDHc 2011 antenna setup, very similar antennas.

I'll look for the manual. The one I have somewhere would be for the AV-2011, and it pretty much shows a line diagram of the anntena, and some repair instructions if a spring loaded element breaks. These were commonly removed by the military, as it was not considered a "repairable" item. These were considered "throw away" by the US DoD.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
for which money do you get it?
I hear only some Russian SSTV.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
I don't know what they typically sell for. Perhaps do an ebay "completed listings" search for Trivec-Avant.

I can't say I've ever heard Russian SSTV on MILSATs. Russian telephone calls, yes.

Have you used a decoding program to see what the images are? Could they have been faxes?

PACNWDude

Still looking for my manual.

The AV-2040-X's tend to sell for $200-400 ish these days. Sometimes cheaper if they are worn or have missing or broken parts.

I actually bought my AV-2011 for a lot less, new in the box, but most people do not want a 7 foot long antenna.

Saw an X-wing going for $700 used, that is way too high to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.