Sat Dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey
I got an offer for 40€ an 75cm Dish or 80€ and 80cm Dish.
Sounds good... I see on Youtube someone use this Antenna: Log Periodic Antennas| PCB antennas from wa5vjb for receiving "interesting Stuff". I have also an LNA home who works.
So when i order a Printed Antenna and mount on the Dish i can Reveive interestind stuff from Satellite?!

Can i do the same like this guy (on my case just receiving Signals: RS232 über Funk mit dem Wi.232EUR-R Funkmodul, serielle RS232 Funkübertragung mit hoher Reichweite bis zu 1,6km ????

zz0468

QRT
Banned
...I got an offer for 40€ an 75cm Dish or 80€ and 80cm Dish. Sounds good... I see on Youtube someone use this Antenna: Log Periodic Antennas| PCB antennas from wa5vjb for receiving "interesting Stuff"...

What sort of "interesting stuff" are you hoping to hear? I'm familiar with those antennas. They're neat for what they are, but they are not ideal for using as a dish feed.

I have also an LNA home who works.

What frequency, gain, and noise figure is the LNA?

So when i order a Printed Antenna and mount on the Dish i can Reveive interestind stuff from Satellite?!

Off hand, I'm going to say no. An 80 cm dish is pretty small. Without knowing what satellite you're wanting to monitor, there's no way of telling for sure whether it would work.

Probably a complete waste of your time and money.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
An 80 cm dish is pretty small.
hmm i cant mount indoor anything else.
The Garden is behind the Mountain and House the only way to get a Signal from Sky is the Living-room....
Without knowing what satellite you're wanting to monitor, there's no way of telling for sure whether it would work.
Sat who are made for receiving with a Handheld.
Normaly an 80cm is more than ok for Public TV.
This Guy use a smaller one: World's cheapest INMARSAT reception using DVB-T USB dongle (RTL SDR) « | RTLSDR.com
I'm familiar with those antennas.
hmm i can use it to receive some Terrestrial Signals from my Area so?
What frequency, gain, and noise figure is the LNA?
i dont know a friend of my build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.