AMSAT Pass Preditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

AMSAT has a great pass prediction application, but it only prints one bird at a time. Does anyone know of a pass prediction program that will accept several birds and print their pass time SEQUENTIALLY??

Thanks,
Jerry AB5R

wd9ewk

AMSAT has a great pass prediction application, but it only prints one bird at a time. Does anyone know of a pass prediction program that will accept several birds and print their pass time SEQUENTIALLY??

I don't know about web sites, but the WinAOS utility bundled with SatPC32 does exactly that. Set your location, select the satellites you want to see in your listing, then set the start date/time and amount of time for the predictions (up to 10 days, I think). Then you get one line for each pass, similar to the output from the AMSAT web site, but for each pass of each satellite in the list you selected. It is a great way to have that information handy, without needing to rely on a program or Internet connection to supply this information.

SatPC32 is a free download available from its author, Erich Eichmann DK1TB, at his http://www.dk1tb.de/ web site. It is fully functional, but you'll have to enter your information every time the program is run, unless you purchase a license key from AMSAT. Then you can save your settings, so you won't have to enter them every time you run the program. At least you get to see if the program will work for you, without having to spend any money - just a little bit of your time.

Good luck, and 73!

ab5r

Thank you Patrick. I have downloaded it and re-joined AMSAT. I dropped out back in the A0-40 demise after I had spent so much money and I moved too. Alas and Alak, whatever that means.
Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.