Win96, PRO-96, and trunking tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Win96 has spaces for 6 trunking tables (entries 0 through 5) under multi-tables.

A local VHF trunked network is transmitting 8 trunking tables over the control channels. The extra tables are the default Table 0 for 850 MHz and Table 1 for 760 MHz.

If I were to enter the 6 VHF tables only as Table 0 through Table 5, would the scanner be able to track this network properly?

The reason I ask is that PRO96COM designates each channel in the format ##-####, where the first two numbers before the dash seem to indicate which trunking table is in use. Will the PRO-96 rely on matching channel designators with the trunking table's position in its internal list?

DonS

If the system is all VHF, and never uses any 850 or 760 MHz voice frequencies, then you can leave those entries out.

The PRO-96 doesn't use, directly, the "table identifier". Instead, it uses the 16-bit "channel" field in the call grants/updates as an explicit channel number (according to the P25 docs, that 16-bit field is really broken into two sub-fields: a 4-bit table identifier and a 12-bit channel number).

This is why you have to use the "channel Hi" and "channel Lo" values when entering data for the PRO-96. The scanner takes the 16-bit channel number in the grant and compares it to those 2 fields in each of the 6 table entries. As soon as it finds an entry that "contains" the target channel number, it uses the entry's base/offset/step values to calculate the voice frequency.

Each P25 "table identifier" represents 4096 consecutive, 16-bit channel numbers: table 00 = channels 0 - 4095, table 01 = channels 4096 - 8191, etc.

The order in which you enter the data in Win96 is not important. The PRO-96 doesn't use the "index" at all. Instead, as mentioned above, it does explicit comparisons using each entry's "Lo" and "Hi" values.

D

DaveNF2G

Thanks, Don! That simplifies things.

As you pointed out in the other thread, ordinarily I don't need to enter tables, but I am testing the known tables from a particular network on a site that is not decoding properly.

wadio

Premium Subscriber
Question on StarSoft PRO-96 Programming

I have the StarSoft program to load my PRO-96.
I believe I am close to getting the info to my scanner.
I can NOT find in the help the answers to these questions:
WHEN I GO TO IMPORT INFO FROM RADIO REFERENCE I GET A PAGE WITH THESE ITEMS TO FILL-IN. CAN ANYONE BRIEFLY TELL ME W-H-A-T I NEED TO PUT IN THESE BLANKS?

TARGET BANK-?
BANK NAME-?
FIRST TARGET CHANNEL-?
FIRST TARGET TALKGROUP SUBBANK-?
FIRST TARGET TALKGROUP-?

PLEASE do NOT respond with, "Read the directions."
I have and IF it's there-I DID NOT FIND IT.
I APPRECIATE any info.
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.