RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsterbater View Post
Hey aaknitt,

Thanks for the work on this been using for a long time now to e-mail pages to me and MMS them to other fire fighters.

Now I'm running into problems with my Nokia E72 (and apparently the other guy above with ATT that is having issues) that it cant receive (or send) audio that is in any other format then AMR, apparently the only type of audio that is per specification 100% supported by all MMS capable phones and carriers and even the only one allowed per MMS specification it self (Other phones/carriers may chose to break spec and allow more, allow more but all must have this codec/format apparently, Nokia and maybe outher defend their position of sticking the the specification and wont budge)

I was wondering how hard it would be for you to come up with a way to encode and e-mail in the AMR format so those that chose (kinda like with the MP3 encoding) can use AMR instead.

I would be willing to help however I can.
If anyone can find an AMR command line encoder or something like that I can probably make it work. A DLL might even work with documentation.
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2010, 3:52 AM

Nokia has a GUI/command line tool called Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 (available here
Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0) its free when you sign up for a free account and request a free key,

It would be something like

MMConverterCon.exe -i tone.wav -o tone.amr -p -a amr

or

MMConverterCon.exe -i tone.wav -o tone.amr -p -a wbamr -amr 8

a little higher quality that 3G (umts/evdo) phones should support.

It comes with some documentation, Now if you could have it like with the Lame stuff where a user would have to go get it and just drop the files in and TwoTone would detect it or a user could set/chose it I think it would work as well as the lame mp3 stuff, maybe even have a way to set the AMR mode (the first command line I gave or the second depending on the need of the user,)

Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 PM

I am still unable to get the 'Sound File to Play Upon Tone Set Detection' feature to work properly, I have a file saved in both mp3 and WAV formats but neither work. Any suggestions? I am running the most up to date version from your site.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Lightbulb Play Sound Upon Tone Detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfd45p17 View Post
I am still unable to get the 'Sound File to Play Upon Tone Set Detection' feature to work properly, I have a file saved in both mp3 and WAV formats but neither work. Any suggestions? I am running the most up to date version from your site.

Just to make things clear, playing the sound file does not transfer to the recording, it only plays through the computer speakers as an alert tone to indicate page decoded. Is that what you are looking for? If you are wanting it to just play an "alert tone" and still not hearing it, going back to square one..... I did not see any info in the recent forum discussions about your problem, just to make sure the bases are covered. Can you hear the audio if you check the "play audio while recording" check box? Can you hear the audio if you play an audio file with media player or i-tunes? If yes then things get tougher.... Let us know any updates.

Rich
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relliott View Post
Just to make things clear, playing the sound file does not transfer to the recording, it only plays through the computer speakers as an alert tone to indicate page decoded. Is that what you are looking for? If you are wanting it to just play an "alert tone" and still not hearing it, going back to square one..... I did not see any info in the recent forum discussions about your problem, just to make sure the bases are covered. Can you hear the audio if you check the "play audio while recording" check box? Can you hear the audio if you play an audio file with media player or i-tunes? If yes then things get tougher.... Let us know any updates.

Rich
Yes I hear the audio with play while recording, and I can hear audio through my itunes and media player, I have doven in quite a bit into the computer's settings and hardware config as this is something I am quite familiar with, as I went to school for it, however I still am having the issue of the file not playing, which points to something in the program thats not allowing it to play, which would be beyond my realm. But thank you for the troubleshooting options.

Roy
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfd45p17 View Post
Yes I hear the audio with play while recording, and I can hear audio through my itunes and media player, I have doven in quite a bit into the computer's settings and hardware config as this is something I am quite familiar with, as I went to school for it, however I still am having the issue of the file not playing, which points to something in the program thats not allowing it to play, which would be beyond my realm. But thank you for the troubleshooting options.
It appears that the program won't play stereo WAV files. Try converting to a mono WAV and see if that works for you.

Andy
Old 01-18-2010, 11:22 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Great program! I absolutely love it and now I have half the department asking me to add them so they can get the recordings on there phone.

~Josh
Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 PM

Hey aaknitt did you get a chance to look into adding support for ARM file via the Nokia tools?

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2010, 9:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsterbater View Post
Hey aaknitt did you get a chance to look into adding support for ARM file via the Nokia tools?

Thanks.
Check your private messages from a few days ago. Would like you to try something for me before I go too far.

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2010, 3:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsdesigns View Post
I want to start off by saying AWESOME software. Great Job. Could someone please help me by telling me how they came up with the easiest way of sending an email to more than one person. I want the the same email (same set of tones) to go to about 15 people.

Thanks,
Allen
I just created a Google Group so the inbox didn't get cluttered with 15 addresses in the To: field.

So much easier to have people sign up themselves then adding each one individually.
Old 01-23-2010, 4:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

What is the most simultaneous instances of the program that people have running?

I had two running flawlessly for my local department. One program for Fire and one for Medical tones. I tried adding a third instance with a separate soundcard for a neighboring department and it seems to be quite buggy and has messed with the recording times for all three instances of the program for some reason.
Old 01-23-2010, 5:30 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks to see w8fsm's setup -- a BIG feature is to send your email to Posterous - The place to post everything. Just email us. Dead simple blog by email. and it'll go to your twitter as an audio attachment (as well as any other instant messaging service.)

Delta Twp Fire (deltatwpfire) on Twitter
Lansing Twp Fire (lansingtwpfire) on Twitter
Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
I just created a Google Group so the inbox didn't get cluttered with 15 addresses in the To: field.

So much easier to have people sign up themselves then adding each one individually.
Can people join from their phone? Most of the members want it sent to their phones via picture mail?
Old 01-25-2010, 8:05 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

You (the group admin) can just add them directly through the groups web admin.

Quote:
Can people join from their phone? Most of the members want it sent to their phones via picture mail?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
You (the group admin) can just add them directly through the groups web admin.
OK, I was hoping for a way the members could subscribe themselves. I have a gmail account with a filter that works fine now but I have to manually add each person. As more of the members hear what it does and how it works they keep wanting me to add them. I have finally been having them e-mail me their number and I add them in bulk a few times a week.

Thanks for the info though!

Rich
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2010, 1:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
OK, I was hoping for a way the members could subscribe themselves. I have a gmail account with a filter that works fine now but I have to manually add each person. As more of the members hear what it does and how it works they keep wanting me to add them. I have finally been having them e-mail me their number and I add them in bulk a few times a week.

Thanks for the info though!

Rich
They can subscribe by email also it but would probably be a PITA to try and type the subscription address into the cell-phone.
Old 01-25-2010, 5:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale View Post
Thanks to see w8fsm's setup -- a BIG feature is to send your email to Posterous - The place to post everything. Just email us. Dead simple blog by email. and it'll go to your twitter as an audio attachment (as well as any other instant messaging service.)

Delta Twp Fire (deltatwpfire) on Twitter
Lansing Twp Fire (lansingtwpfire) on Twitter
What a great idea!

Here is mine for areas in and around my Region.

Ontario Fire Pages - Home
Old 01-25-2010, 9:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
What is the most simultaneous instances of the program that people have running?

I had two running flawlessly for my local department. One program for Fire and one for Medical tones. I tried adding a third instance with a separate soundcard for a neighboring department and it seems to be quite buggy and has messed with the recording times for all three instances of the program for some reason.
Why do you need to run multiple instances of the program? I one instance of TTD running with a scanner scanning 4 different frequencies. Freq. 1 our local fire repeater for fire and ambulance page. Freq. 2 neighboring district fire page from two different departments. Freq. 3 another fire dist pages. Freq. 4 neighboring ambulance page.

Has no been a problem with not hearing all pages, it is not a really busy area so simultaneous pages almost never occur. Our department on F1 is priority.

Good Luck!
Rich
Old 01-25-2010, 9:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
What a great idea!

Here is mine for areas in and around my Region.

Ontario Fire Pages - Home
Excellent way to share!
My local area around Parma Idaho.
Parma Fire Page Audio
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relliott
Quote:

Why do you need to run multiple instances of the program? I one instance of TTD running with a scanner scanning 4 different frequencies. Freq. 1 our local fire repeater for fire and ambulance page. Freq. 2 neighboring district fire page from two different departments. Freq. 3 another fire dist pages. Freq. 4 neighboring ambulance page.

Has no been a problem with not hearing all pages, it is not a really busy area so simultaneous pages almost never occur. Our department on F1 is priority.

Good Luck!
Rich
I found the same thing with buggy record times with more the two instances.

I need to run multiple instances because of conflicting tones between 3 departments. Right now I am running 3 instances across 2 machines with 2 receivers.