RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmac View Post
I have tried emailing my .wav file to posterous. Is posterous supposed to convert to .mp3 or is there a setting in TwoTone for creating .mp3 files. I emailed a .wav file, but it will not play in posterous.
See the help file for how to add mp3 support:

http://sites.google.com/site/radioet...tect21Help.pdf

Andy
Sponsored links

Old 01-28-2010, 5:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I seem to have developed a problem where my long tones are being decoded but the "Detection Output" window just shows "Paged Received" with no further action or email sent but the audio is being recorded and saved in the Audio folder with just a date and time stamp.

Anybody have any ideas what might cause this issue?
Old 01-29-2010, 8:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
I seem to have developed a problem where my long tones are being decoded but the "Detection Output" window just shows "Paged Received" with no further action or email sent but the audio is being recorded and saved in the Audio folder with just a date and time stamp.

Anybody have any ideas what might cause this issue?
Only long tones or any tone set not getting email sent? Check tones.txt file and all correct info there? Are you running anything new from command line that may be doing anything with the files that are not getting emailed? I had an issue recently when manipulating files with a batch file that caused emails to fail, possibly due to the batch file locking the file while it copied it to a different directory.

Good Luck,
Rich
Old 01-29-2010, 5:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by relliott View Post
Only long tones or any tone set not getting email sent? Check tones.txt file and all correct info there? Are you running anything new from command line that may be doing anything with the files that are not getting emailed? I had an issue recently when manipulating files with a batch file that caused emails to fail, possibly due to the batch file locking the file while it copied it to a different directory.

Good Luck,
Rich
It is only the long tones that aren't getting sent but yet the txt file looks fine and everything is populating fine in the various fields in the software. Nothing is running from the command line so no issues there.

I am wondering if I just have too many entries in the tones.txt file as it is serving 3 different departments. I may split the long and short tones between two instances of the software and see how that works.
Old 01-29-2010, 7:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
It is only the long tones that aren't getting sent but yet the txt file looks fine and everything is populating fine in the various fields in the software. Nothing is running from the command line so no issues there.

I am wondering if I just have too many entries in the tones.txt file as it is serving 3 different departments. I may split the long and short tones between two instances of the software and see how that works.
Well I switched my long tones to a separate instance of the software and it seems to have fixed things. The only issue now is I have two long tones for separate departments on different frequencies that are 6hz apart. One uses 646hz and the other uses 652hz and of course the software is falsing. I don't want to adjust the tolerance for fear of breaking all the paging. Anybody else have success with tones this close together decoding properly or do I need to branch them off onto another machine with a separate receiver?
Sponsored links

Old 01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:

How many entries do you have in the tones.txt file? Glad to see the post that you figured it out I'm just curious how many you have, I only have 8 two tone and 3 long tone entries.
Old 01-30-2010, 1:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by relliott View Post
How many entries do you have in the tones.txt file? Glad to see the post that you figured it out I'm just curious how many you have, I only have 8 two tone and 3 long tone entries.
I had 45 Two Tone and 6 Long Tones. :-)
Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

3 fire departments with 51 tones?!?!? How long does it take to dispatch a call?
Old 01-30-2010, 6:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

These are all rural departments with only 1 tone set per department so not long at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNF2G View Post
3 fire departments with 51 tones?!?!? How long does it take to dispatch a call?
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2010, 2:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck sending pages to an Alltel cell phone? On our department (i'm sure as on most) we have a mix of different carriers people use and those with US Cellular phones receive the page just fine, but for some reason it seems as Alltel is blocking the emails, yet I get now message undeliverable?

Any thoughts? Ideas?
Old 01-31-2010, 2:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroskos View Post
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck sending pages to an Alltel cell phone? On our department (i'm sure as on most) we have a mix of different carriers people use and those with US Cellular phones receive the page just fine, but for some reason it seems as Alltel is blocking the emails, yet I get now message undeliverable?

Any thoughts? Ideas?
I too have this same problem. I've even tried sending it to Gmail and then having Gmail forward it to my phone and that didn't work either. No idea why it won't work..its something to do with the attachment part of it.
Old 01-31-2010, 3:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

<edit> sorry, double post<edit>

Last edited by tuckerm; 01-31-2010 at 3:34 PM..
Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've started forwarding my TwoToneDetect audio alerts for Toledo FD, Oregon/Jerusalem Twp FDs and Lucas County EMS to Posterous (and Twitter):

ToledoOhFire's posterous - Toledo Ohio Fire Alert Pages Toledo Ohio Fire (ToledoOhFire) on Twitter
OregonOhFire's posterous - Oregon Ohio Fire Alert Pages Oregon Ohio Fire (OregonOhFire) on Twitter
LucasCoEMS's posterous - Lucas County EMS Alert Pages Lucas County EMS (LucasCoEMS) on Twitter

I still need to do some tone tweaking and cleanup, as I've moved a few things around with my TTD setup. But this Posterous solution is indeed a great distribution method.
Old 02-01-2010, 7:27 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Any chance for Sylvania FD?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpryor View Post
I've started forwarding my TwoToneDetect audio alerts for Toledo FD, Oregon/Jerusalem Twp FDs and Lucas County EMS to Posterous (and Twitter):

ToledoOhFire's posterous - Toledo Ohio Fire Alert Pages Toledo Ohio Fire (ToledoOhFire) on Twitter
OregonOhFire's posterous - Oregon Ohio Fire Alert Pages Oregon Ohio Fire (OregonOhFire) on Twitter
LucasCoEMS's posterous - Lucas County EMS Alert Pages Lucas County EMS (LucasCoEMS) on Twitter

I still need to do some tone tweaking and cleanup, as I've moved a few things around with my TTD setup. But this Posterous solution is indeed a great distribution method.
How quick is the email notification on postrtous?
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2010, 7:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpryor View Post

The P25 audio sounds great! I`am guessing the main dispatched frequency is patched to a TG on the Trunk system?
Old 02-01-2010, 7:48 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerm View Post
How quick is the email notification on postrtous?
Instant. If the email is in your inbox then it will also be on Posterous.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4IHS View Post
Any chance for Sylvania FD?
Likely not yet until I perfect the three I've got setup now. I may try to do something with adding TTD to my analog Fire feed that could decode everything else. But need to do some computer work and more planning regarding adding tone sets for many different agencies. Also I don't get that great reception from Sylvania on UHF and would be best to have a dedicated radio for a one or a handful of departments.

It would be easier to listen for Life Squad 6 dispatches in the mean time (EMS actually needs to have some tone sets fixed, LS6 is coming up for LS5, I am currently re-evaluating what I have, and I also think I need that radio on a better antenna to hear alerts from the western part of the county.)
Old 02-02-2010, 1:00 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
The P25 audio sounds great! I`am guessing the main dispatched frequency is patched to a TG on the Trunk system?
The Toledo FD alert audio is from a BCD396T scanning the Lucas County P25 digital system. I've set the radio to scan the Alerting, Dispatch and All-Call talk groups. TwoToneDetect does a good job as decoding on the 1000 Hz constant Alert tone that is used for all basic runs. It will also do a decent job on decoding the 1000 Hz beeping Announcement tone that is used for routine announcements and station alerting tests.

I have yet to find a good way however to decode the two tone Hi Lo warble Alarm alert this is used for regular alarm dispatches (structure fire, hazmat, water rescue type assignments). Ideally I would most like to capture these dispatches, curious if folks here have any ideas. The 1500 Hz / 800 Hz warble alternates back and forth, I've tried a handful of tone combinations in an attempt to capture, but the tones do not last as long as a normal A/B style tone. It's almost like we'd need a custom tone setting defined in TwoToneDetect for this situation, or an option to override the standard tone lengths for a particular tone set to capture these more rapidly alternating tone patterns.

If I can get the alarm tones working with Toledo, then I'd just need to work on merging the specific station call alerting data from the control channel information with this audio alert data to complete the picture. Right now the station information is captured and logged via Pro96Com--shouldn't be too hard to put two together based on time stamps.
Old 02-02-2010, 1:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Input Needed

Keep in mind that I'm not promising anything by asking this.

Hypothetically, if I were to rip out the guts of the program to try to allow stacked page detection, how many stacked pages would you want the program to be able to detect and handle? Five, ten, more? Keep in mind that the lower the number is, the more likely I'll actually be able to implement it IF I decide to do it.

Andy