RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 9:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick23 View Post
The file is getting stripped from the message with the usual "content was removed as not supported". I send the tones to multiple people on verizons network and they get the sound files no problem. I on the otherhand still am not getting it lol.
If you send the same AMR file to your phone from a regular email account does it work?

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
If you send the same AMR file to your phone from a regular email account does it work?

Andy
When I send the same AMR file to my phone from a regular email account (gmail) it says in the message "One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal." The file was 72kb so it wasn't that big.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 PM

I just joined the group so I could get some feedback about how you guys are handling sending out pages. I have been reading this thread for a few months now and have had the software running for the last few weeks and found a few bugs of my own. Some solved, some not. So Ill shoot a list out there and see if any of you have any comments.

1. When sending mp3 files to a Nextel, for some reason it would call it an invalid file if the recording was longer than 20 seconds. The latest switch in 251 with the amr files seemed to make my nextel happy. i760

2. I cant seem to get the AMR file to go correctly to my work AT&T phone, but I think its some weird thing about the Samsung phone. It lists the test message I sent at 9kb, which the file was. Then I try to retrieve it and fails for some reason. This is even just directly from my gmail, so I think its a phone thing.

3. I cant seem to get google groups to send MMS messages to verizon phones. It works fine for sending to my Nextel and my AT&T (although no file), but verizon phones wont even get the message. I can send an email to the @vzwpix.com directly from my gmail and it works. I was hoping to put all phones in the group so I didnt have to setup an individual filter in gmail for each verizon phone. I thought about just adding it to the email list in the software, but the google groups makes a nice way to manage all the names, plus it would be a handy group to send other messages for training classes and other announcements.

4. The stacked pages idea I would like to see, when 3 or 4 departments go out it takes at least 20 or 30 seconds for all pages to finish by then my 35 seconds is almost over and I was trying to stay about 30 seconds to keep the file size small and quick.

I would live to hear any thoughts or suggestions about how anybody else makes it work for them.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I've got another really weird issue. I have TwoToneDetect running just fine on my machine with 8 different sets of tones detected on it. Seven of eight work just fine, get detected, and the email gets sent with the audio attached. The eighth however, detects the tones and sends the email but does not have the audio attached.

I can't be for certain, but it seems that every time this ambulance unit is toned out, that TwoToneDetect also crashes. I have not actually verified this yet, however.

The tone set I am referring to is: 1217.8 / 669.9

Any thoughts?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliby19 View Post
I've got another really weird issue. I have TwoToneDetect running just fine on my machine with 8 different sets of tones detected on it. Seven of eight work just fine, get detected, and the email gets sent with the audio attached. The eighth however, detects the tones and sends the email but does not have the audio attached.

I can't be for certain, but it seems that every time this ambulance unit is toned out, that TwoToneDetect also crashes. I have not actually verified this yet, however.

The tone set I am referring to is: 1217.8 / 669.9

Any thoughts?
Try switching the order of the tone sets to put that tone set in a different slot. I'm wondering if it's related to the slot that the tone set is in or something else.
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Keep in mind that I'm not promising anything by asking this.

Hypothetically, if I were to rip out the guts of the program to try to allow stacked page detection, how many stacked pages would you want the program to be able to detect and handle? Five, ten, more? Keep in mind that the lower the number is, the more likely I'll actually be able to implement it IF I decide to do it.

Andy
For me at most we might have 4 paged out at the same time, so I wouldn't need more then 5 really. This would be a really awesome feature to implement, in my opinion. I have mine setup to monitor the stations in our county(6 fire depts, 7 ems units, and forestry) and send out an email to a mailing list I setup on my server for each. Most of the time our dispatch will tone out fire and ems or station, autoaid station, then ems. So it will catch the first station and email, but not the others. One other feature request would be to add another variable to the email list. Emails to send amr to. If it wouldn't be too much trouble to have amr and mp3 encoding at same time or maybe encode mp3 then amr. That way you could send mp3 to emails that can use it and amr to cell phones. Thanks for this program.
Old 03-10-2010, 6:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

aaknitt -- I've switched the tones into a different slot. Not sure if it's working yet. I'll post again once that truck gets toned out (it's a backup truck so it doesnt go out often)

Now another problem has come up. For some reason the program is getting confused with tone sets. I have one department -- Bloomington City Fire with a tone set of 1153.4/1185.2. I also have Perry Clear Creek Fire with a tone set of 2840.0/1185.2.

Just a few minutes ago, Perry got toned out. However, TwoToneDetect.exe determined it to be Bloomington City Fire instead of the correct department of Perry. Any thoughts on this?

I should add that TwoToneDetect is set to a Tone Tolerance (%) of approximately 6
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM

Andy,

Any way to correspond with you directly? I dont see the PM on email in this forum to get you directly.

I do some slight programming stuff and have downloaded the trial version of LabView to check around, and might even be able to play around extending the trial using Virtual Machines and so forth.

I have never used Labview, but looking at it I have a decent idea of how this is all working and maybe a few suggestions about the stacked paging.
Old 03-23-2010, 3:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

How about the ability to have the name of the soundcard displayed instead of Alternate Device 1, etc.
Sponsored links

Old 04-02-2010, 5:12 PM

Default Email Help

I need help! I downloaded and ran all the programs for the Two tone detect, I get it all setup and I cannot get it to send emails.. At one point it did manage to send some but they came like 20 minutes later. I have tried multiple smtp servers multiple usernames, authenticated and non authenticated I just cant get it to work.. I did monitor my smtp server and the program never even attempts to connect to the smtp server.. I have no fire wall enabled and im running Symantec end point.. I have tried version 21 and 25. I really think something is wrong with the program it's self.. And i cant find any kind of logs for the program to check... I have uninstalled and reinstalled .net twice, the Labview 8.5 runtime engine twice and i even installed Labview VISA runtime even though im not going to be controlling a scanner. And lastly I have done this on 3 diffrent computers 1 Server 2003, One Vista, and one XP machine all do the same thing, nothing or it will randomly send an email once in a while when its triggered.. Im at a loss.. I know its not the smtp servers im trying to use because i have created a vbs script to send a test email and it works flawlessly every time.. Can anybody help?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Try switching the order of the tone sets to put that tone set in a different slot. I'm wondering if it's related to the slot that the tone set is in or something else.
I pulled my hair out and got extremely frustrated by this exact problem.

I had the program setup and working fine. Added an email address and suddenly the program stopped recording audio.

It would detect the page fine so the audio was being seen by the program but the emails that were sent had no attachments. Checked the audio directory and nothing.

Finally deleted the tone sets and recreated them in different slots and the program started working again. Nothing else was changed except moving the tone sets to different slots.

The 3 initial slots I used were at the top of the set. The new slots were at the bottom. Not sure if the top slots are defective or just not being read properly and I'm not sure how this would affect the audio attachment since the tones were being detected properly.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 04-05-2010, 3:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm having one hell of a time getting this thing to work...

Here's a screencap of the program when it's running. It is showing tones decoding (by frequency), but will NOT display any decoded tones or anything.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

-M

Old 04-05-2010, 6:11 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It doesn't display decoded tones - it activates if it finds a tone set that matches something you enter in the top half.
Old 04-05-2010, 8:15 AM

I ended up getting it to work.. The upper and lower time limits were the issue.. Once i set them it worked flawlessly.. I do have a question though.. Is there a way to edit the body of the email that it sends? Also im trying to setup a script that will send a text message (no attachment) as soon as it is decoded. the only way I have been able to do this is setup a script but I would really like it to put in the time and date stamp of the page anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-05-2010, 9:46 AM

So I got my setup going after learning to leave the first two rows blank.

If I want to send emails several people after a set of tones is detected and I have several sets of tones I am monitoring, what setup has seemed to work best? Have all entries for a particular set of tones grouped or have all the tones for a particular email grouped?

Many thanx............... jt
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Ah yes, right you are.

I was thinking the program did something that it didn't! (I had thought it would monitor a channel for a valid two-tone sequence then record that sequence with 30 seconds of audio...IE, to help you figure out who the tone pairs belonged to).

It's working great for it's intended purpose now...thanks guys!
Old 04-08-2010, 6:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Can get the program to included the attachment

I have had the program working flawless on another computer how ever it died. and now i am using another
computer. I can get it to decode and send the email how every there is no file attach i have deleted and re install all the program and it doing the same thing any idea ??
Old 04-12-2010, 3:34 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default two instances of ttd, one with amr one with mp3..

using v 25.1 anyone have a suggestion on how to send one verison with amr and another with mp3?

i need both to work...

dan

***update, current work around is one is v21 and one is v25.1. still waiting for a tone to break to test system...

Last edited by dacaskie; 04-12-2010 at 4:00 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 4:10 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

They should make it decode and tell you what two tones it detected, that would make it insanely useful. Then i could finally figure out all the tones in my county again.
Old 04-13-2010, 3:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Two copies looking for same tones not working!

I have a number of folks who need the amr file, and just as many that need mp3 and can't use the amr. I tried running v21 and v25.1...one or the other gets the tone and the file is not sent by both...last call only the v21 detected the tones

any ideas on how to get both files made and sent at the same time.?

Dan