WIN97 download

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyehack

Have tried to download WIN97 for my Radio Shack Pro 97. I know cable is OK because I have used it before, Followed instructions but get error message. For the last 2 days can't even download software. Can someone help me? I really need to update--last upate in 2007.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Have tried to download WIN97 for my Radio Shack Pro 97. I know cable is OK because I have used it before, Followed instructions but get error message. For the last 2 days can't even download software. Can someone help me? I really need to update--last upate in 2007.

1: What is the error. Hard to know without that. Let us know and well figure it out

2: Dont get in the mind frame "I know cable is OK because I have used it before"
Stuff breaks - I went out to my truck this am and turned the key. Click Click Click
I know its not my battery cause it worked yesterday :)

rvictor

We should be able to sort this out, but will need a bit of clarification of the question before knowing where to start. You say that you are trying to download WIN97 and can't do it. If you are referring to downloading the software from a web site, I'm not sure what the cable has to do with that. Is it the download from the web site that you are having problems with or are you having problems connecting to the radio with the updated software that you've downloaded?

Dick

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
In addition to the clarification that Dick asks for above, I had a thought. If the last time you used Win97 was in 2007, you need to go to Starrsoft and see if you have the latest software version of Win97. I say this as the RR Database structure, and as a result the WebService that the software accesses, changed a bit since then and the software vendors have kept up with those changes.

troyehack

WIN97 and download to Pro97 problems

Thanks for your responses. When I try to download WIN97, I get "Website not found".

When I try to download with the WIN97 that I downloaded 3 days ago, I get.

Writing data

Expected to read back the data we just wrote-this failed. Ensure the corret Com Port is selected, a supported cable is attached to the comport and the scanner, and the scanner is turned on.

I don't know what to do next? Got any ideas.

rvictor

Thanks for your responses. When I try to download WIN97, I get "Website not found".

When I try to download with the WIN97 that I downloaded 3 days ago, I get.

Writing data

Expected to read back the data we just wrote-this failed. Ensure the corret Com Port is selected, a supported cable is attached to the comport and the scanner, and the scanner is turned on.

Again, I'm a bit confused. If you downloaded WIN97 3 days ago, why do you need to download it again? In any event, I just went to their website and downloaded the software without a problem. The URL that I used was

Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners

The second issue appears to be a problem using WIN97 with your radio and would be best addressed to the people that provide WIN97 since they'd be in the best position to troubleshoot problems with their software. Even if you can't access their website for some reason, you should be able to contact them by email at

don@starrsoft.com

Dick

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...When I try to download with the WIN97 that I downloaded 3 days ago, I get.

Writing data

In addition to rvictor's comments, you could try and state your problem here:
Scanner Programming Software - The RadioReference.com Forums
The software developers, including Don, check that almost on a daily basis; make sure to include the software (Win97 in this case) in the subject line to attract the proper attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.