ARC396T Version 3.1XXX No radio Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriden

So I updated to Version 3.1 of ARC like I need to stay in touch with RF and well the software connects to RF Great the new version LOOKS fine.

BUT now the ARC software will NOT connect to my Scanner. I use 2 or 3 other software packages ALL worked fine.

So after checking the cable connection and even checking in BIOS for port sttings ALL was good as expected seeing as other software worked FINE....

So I deleted version 3.1XX and reinstalled 3.0XX and what do you know it connected to the radio PERFECT. Now I have NO connection to RF anymore.

This leads me to believe somewere along the line someone has changed something and things are not talking the same So Anybody reading this you may want to WAIT untill Butel can FIX this issue before updating.

If you need to update your scanner you might try Freescan as an option for now.

And if anybody creates a patch PLEASE let everyone know ASAP.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Arc396pro

So I updated to Version 3.1 of ARC like I need to stay in touch with RF and well the software connects to RF Great the new version LOOKS fine.

BUT now the ARC software will NOT connect to my Scanner. I use 2 or 3 other software packages ALL worked fine.

So after checking the cable connection and even checking in BIOS for port sttings ALL was good as expected seeing as other software worked FINE....

So I deleted version 3.1XX and reinstalled 3.0XX and what do you know it connected to the radio PERFECT. Now I have NO connection to RF anymore.

This leads me to believe somewere along the line someone has changed something and things are not talking the same So Anybody reading this you may want to WAIT untill Butel can FIX this issue before updating.

I also have the same problem after downloading the new ARC396 PRO Software I canot connect with the scanner, Radioreference downloads work perfect but I can't get a connection between software and scanner, all other programs that work with a 396t scannner have no problem
Steve

Last edited:

sewercop

Premium Subscriber
Same here. i thought maybe because i was running it on Vista 64 bit but i tried it on my xp and same problem.....

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Same issue on ARC250 Basic...

I have both, ARC250Basic and ARC396, both are not communicating with their respective scanners... As luck would have it, BCTool is working fine, since it didn't require any updates, so at least I can update my 396T.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Not Working

I have both, ARC250Basic and ARC396, both are not communicating with their respective scanners... As luck would have it, BCTool is working fine, since it didn't require any updates, so at least I can update my 396T.
Hi Lebrunmn, I just downloaded the bctool software and it's working so I can use this program untill ARC396 PRO is fixed.
Steve

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

I updated it last night and it worked fine on a Windows XP SP3 PC. You might want to try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP if you're using Vista.

You might want to try ProScan. I use it for about 99% of everything with my scanners.

Email Gommert...he will likely tell you to email him in the future instead of post here.

sewercop

Premium Subscriber
Tried it on both xp and vista. 2 different computers same problems. tried updating different drivers with no luck. Just funny that it worked with the other version of arc396

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Arc396pro v3.1

I updated it last night and it worked fine on a Windows XP SP3 PC. You might want to try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP if you're using Vista.

You might want to try ProScan. I use it for about 99% of everything with my scanners.

Email Gommert...he will likely tell you to email him in the future instead of post here.

I am running Windows home premium SP2 on my Pavilion DV7 notebook and have set it to compatibility for windows xp and V.3.1 still won't work
Steve

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
BCD396T Problem

I downloaded the new software and it doesnt recognize the radio either.I am runnung XP version SP3 also.I updated the BCD996T software and it works fine.Perhaps there is a bug in the BCD396 software.

Julian1

I experienced "No Scanner" at first also. ARC996 Basic

I opened "HELP" and printed off the pages about setting up the software.

I chose to let the software automatically find my scanner. I used to use COM 4 (comm port 4 USB) but with the update and letting the software find my scanner... I now use COM 6.

Works great.

Try checking the basic set up of the software. I suspect that's the source of trouble.

Good luck and take care.....

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Arc396pro v3.1

I chose to let the software automatically find my scanner. I used to use COM 4 (comm port 4 USB) but with the update and letting the software find my scanner... I now use COM 6.

Works great.

Try checking the basic set up of the software. I suspect that's the source of trouble.

The arc396pro v3.1 software will not find the radio.
Steve

sewercop

Premium Subscriber

Works great.

Tried all the ports and still does not work..Tried it on 2 different computers using XP and Vista.....Still No Go

Darrell

sewercop

Premium Subscriber
might want to give ProScan a try.

I did and i don't really like the importing from RR. I like the ARC396 for everything. I am using the Proscan, bctools and freescan. Having trouble with the bctools on connecting to RR. I can make do until it's fixed just driving me crazy.....

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Here's my current workaround... oy!

1. I use the upgraded ARC396T (v.3.1) to connect to RR to download any files I need, and import them into my ARC396T software. (Remember, I cannot communicate with my scanner with the updated v3.1 software, since it won't recongnize any ports, it talks to RR Database just fine.)

2. Save the 396T setup as a Butel .pfl (profile) file in Butel data folder.

3. Open bcTool, and import the .pfl file I just save and load it into my 396T scanner. (The problem with bcTool, is that while it will find my radio comm port to load file data, I can't connect to the RR database...)

I've tried everything to get the new ver. of ARC396T and ARC250 to work, and nothing has been successful.

Sharing my experiences in the hope that this workaround helps a few folks get through until a fix is available.

Regards,

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Tried all the ports and still does not work..Tried it on 2 different computers using XP and Vista.....Still No Go

Darrell

i'll add my voice to the chorus. same problem here. i uninstalled v3.1.001 and reinstalled v 3.0.006 and was able to communicate with the radio but not the scanner. i understand Gommert is on vacation till the 15th so i don't expect to see a fix before then.

i'm having another problem with the new version of ARC396Pro that i haven't seen mentioned here. when i connect to RR using the 'Internet' tab the window that opens is larger than the window it was opened from. i don't have a scroll bar or any other way to re-size that window. it's so large that i can't see the DOWNLOAD button. anyone else experiencing this? any work around for that/

rich, n9dko

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
i'll add my voice to the chorus. same problem here. i uninstalled v3.1.001 and reinstalled v 3.0.006 and was able to communicate with the radio but not the scanner. i understand Gommert is on vacation till the 15th so i don't expect to see a fix before then.

i'm having another problem with the new version of ARC396Pro that i haven't seen mentioned here. when i connect to RR using the 'Internet' tab the window that opens is larger than the window it was opened from. i don't have a scroll bar or any other way to re-size that window. it's so large that i can't see the DOWNLOAD button. anyone else experiencing this? any work around for that/

rich, n9dko

Anyone else notice that it shows the RR DB password? I don't like that either. Minor issue compaired to connecting to the scanner.

JLM7424

rich, n9dko
Same Problems here No Scanner found / Screen Does not Fit on my Laptop when I,am on the road Deleted 3.1 reinstalled 3....06 it auto had my key and old saved files. temp fix .

Anyone know a way to Dual install on same O/s ?

I have previous Vers.3.000.6 i f Anyone needs it . I have UpLoaded it to my Site feel Free to grab it .

Matt. http://www.killfrunkus.com/RR/arc396pro_V3_build6.zip

Dewey

Anyone know a way to Dual install on same O/s ?

I use VMware, so I installed the "new" version to a virtual machine which allows me to download from here. I then save and copy the downloaded files outside of the virtual machine to continue along with the old version as nothing were wrong. I would not expect a lot of people here to be running VMware, but this does confirm if you have access to two computers, you can do the same thing until we get a fix.

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.