Arc996 and radioreference

Status
Not open for further replies.

tormedic

Hey all

i have been using my arc software to program directly from radio reference for some time now and all
of a sudden i am getting a message of

RadioRefDisconected waiting to retrieve data

but nothing happens???

I have confirmed my cable is attached and communicating well with the software....

my radio reference account is premium...

ect...

thanks

steve

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The XML download service was discontinued a few weeks back. You need to get a (presumably) free upgrade from BuTel for the new SOAP service. I'd wager that is your issue 73 Mike

qlajlu

Silent Key
You probably just need to get the newest update to the ARC software. The interface to the Database changed on the 1st of August and all the software was updated to be in compliance. Many users that do not visit RR regularly have been caught off guard with this change.

oldsarge

Well I'm in the same boat and have downloaded the latest Butel software three times and it still won't work. I'm using a registered version of the software. I've given up on Butel as they have been of no help whatsoever. Won't answer any questions related to the problem. If it was only one person having that problem, I could see where it would be shrugged off, but a hell of a lot of people are having that problem even after upgrading the software. I've resorted to other software. Even the free software is better and I can access RR using it.

SCPD

QRT
Yes, much of the butel software has issues with RR at this point with no eta on upgrade. What software did you go to?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
FreeScan works...and it's free!

I've noticed in the past the Butel is updated and nothing said about it. Also, I've noticed in the past the download version stays the same but the date the file was compiled is different.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I'd also like to mention ProScan, which work correctly as well.

I only mentioned FreeScan before because I think it's interesting and funny that a free application out performs and is more up-to-date than a paid application with "lifetime updates". I guess the updates are only free and for a lifetime if they are updated.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm in the same boat and have downloaded the latest Butel software three times and it still won't work. I'm using a registered version of the software. I've given up on Butel as they have been of no help whatsoever. Won't answer any questions related to the problem. If it was only one person having that problem, I could see where it would be shrugged off, but a hell of a lot of people are having that problem even after upgrading the software. I've resorted to other software. Even the free software is better and I can access RR using it.

I'd look to your set up and your computer before I'd blame the ARC software. I have software for the 996T, BC15, 396T, XT radios, and ARC250. I also have ARC500. All of them are the latest builds and all of them connect with no problem. There certainly were some problems in July and August, but they seem to be resolved.

FreeScan might be the best program on the planet, but the cheerleaders for it sound like a bunch of Ron Paul supporters, which makes me a bit leery.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I'd look to your set up and your computer before I'd blame the ARC software. I have software for the 996T, BC15, 396T, XT radios, and ARC250. I also have ARC500. All of them are the latest builds and all of them connect with no problem. There certainly were some problems in July and August, but they seem to be resolved.

FreeScan might be the best program on the planet, but the cheerleaders for it sound like a bunch of Ron Paul supporters, which makes me a bit leery.

Updates to any Butel software I'm leery about. Sorry, they aren't ever spectacular and even sometimes they make things worse. The only thing I really like with the software is the ability to copy and paste from Excel.

Last edited:

hulio

Premium Subscriber
I do NOT like ARC`s new updated program that down loads the files from RR... I know it stilll has all the features but..................maybe I will just have to get used to it..I will check out freescan

oldsarge

I'm futzing around with all the PC stuff since nothing works on my MAC. I really haven't settled on any one program yet even though I've paid for a couple. I do like Butel's interface but their support sucks. I recommended some needed changes and all I received back was a terse 'it won't be done'. I think it's over rated now with all the other stuff out there and some of it free. Proscan works with both the 996 and 396. No reason to purchase two pieces of software. And I can connect to RR on all the other packages. Therefore something is definately wrong with Butel and not my set up. I've been thinking about going into Uniden and removing my registrations and then putting them back in again to see if that works. Maybe when I'm finished loading up using other software.

Status
Not open for further replies.