BC895XLT Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryCochran

For uses of the Uniden BC895XLT, what is the best software that is still made to use with this radio?

I have been using an older (DOS) Scan Star Deluxe, however the computer has died and I need to find something that will run on Windows XP

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Probably the best of the lot would be Scan Control. The editor is crappy, but it does work reliably on XP - that's what my desktop is running now. Most all of the other packages are so old that I wouldn't count on them even working anymore....

73 Mike

rvictor

RadioMax is still available and I've run it on my Vista machine. There's a free trial version that you can try before you buy.

Dick

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah, but it doesn't do trunking, nor does it handle PLs. I had a Win98 machine that I used it on when I was listening to milair, but I can't get it to work at all on my XP machine. No matter how I reset the timings, it doesn't stop on active signals. Drat!

It's a pretty good package for researching lots of frequencies at once, though. I did a pretty comprehensive review for Strong Signals on this package some years ago.

73 Mike

rvictor

Yeah, but it doesn't do trunking, nor does it handle PLs. I had a Win98 machine that I used it on when I was listening to milair, but I can't get it to work at all on my XP machine. No matter how I reset the timings, it doesn't stop on active signals. Drat!

It's a pretty good package for researching lots of frequencies at once, though. I did a pretty comprehensive review for Strong Signals on this package some years ago.

73 Mike

You're right, Mike, about it not doing trunking. Unfortunately, he never took it to the next step.

I'm surprised that you couldn't get it running on XP since I was able to get it to run on Vista with no apparent problems about 2 months ago in anticipation of giving my 895XLT to a friend's kid.

Dick

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I suspect something odd with the serial ports on my PC. I don't think it was the software's fault. Sadly the author is no longer supporting the software; I wish that he had written up some hints on how to adjust the timing parameters, but alas, nothing there. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.