RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 5:21 PM

Smile Text adjustment

Hi Don. New to the software and truly impressed - great piece of coding - I'm like a kid in a candy store.
I'd like to view all of the text in the Monitor/Control Entries window in real time to see all of the captures (some long IDs cut off). Tried adjusting font size for text but doesn't seem to apply to that page. I can review the text by opening the capture file but is there any way to adjust the text in the window so that the entire capture can be viewed in real time? Thanks!

Kator

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible ~ Einstein
Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Text Adjustment

Issue resolved. Opened the page on a widescreen monitor and complete data capture was front and center - perfect!

Kator

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible ~ Einstein
Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Default Something to add

Hello all. I was playing with WIN500 v1.93 today and found something I would love to change if possible.

When in the "Monitor/Control" window with "To 'Win500ActivityLog.txt' file" enabled the Active Talk Groups are logged into the lower left corner of the program. However when a Talk Group hits on the Wildcard Group object it just says "07:37:52 1001 SLC - AQC33 : Unknown TG AN 859.262500". I would love for it to show the actual Talk Group as opposed to "Unknown TG". It does this same thing with ICALL's but shows "ICALL".

This is just something that would be nice to have, otherwise 1.93 is running great!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS View Post
The only reason Windows Mobile support exists is because all of the following came together at one time:
* I needed to learn a new development environment for my "day job"
* The development environment supported Windows Mobile
* I have a Windows Mobile phone

I don't see this all coming together for Android or any other phone in the foreseeable future.
Hmmmmmm......

If only someone knew how to develop for Android devices AND PocketPC devices, had a PSR500, and had no life and was willing to work on this application......

Oh Wait! That's me.....

Would need access to some of your proprietary information though to accomplish this... If you are interested Don, let me know.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Radio Sensei
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm getting a bug in the newest release of Win500 (v1.94). Whenever I go to "sort" either frequencies or talkgroups, Win500 sorts them and adds a duplicate of each record. I haven't seen this reported yet.

Mark

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioscan View Post
I'm getting a bug in the newest release of Win500 (v1.94). Whenever I go to "sort" either frequencies or talkgroups, Win500 sorts them and adds a duplicate of each record. I haven't seen this reported yet.
I'm unable to duplicate that behavior here. I just tried sorting various "grids" (talkgroups, conventional channels, "all objects") by various columns, and never saw any duplicate of any kind.

If you'll email me the P500 file that seems to exhibit this behavior, along with the specific steps that cause it, I'll take a look.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 AM

I just tried assorting freq's/TG all different ways and had no problems.

Old 05-25-2010, 6:28 PM

Default Problem with Win500 version 1.94

Hi,Don I sent file from my desktop to my laptop and updated to the newer version as told by pop-up.Okay everything went fine uploaded to scanner and very fast I might add.But when done my scanner shows scanlist names from other scanlists on the screen on my psr500 and the file works great on pro-197.So I have 2 scanlist names srolling during scan that shouldnt be there,they dont get scanned though just on the bottom of screen.Any ideas?thanks in advance Mike
Old 05-27-2010, 8:43 AM

Anyone on the above ?
Old 05-27-2010, 9:28 AM

Quote:
So I have 2 scanlist names srolling during scan that shouldnt be there,they dont get scanned though just on the bottom of screen
Are you referring to the bottom line of the LCD in the ">> Scanning <<" display? If so, those aren't scan list names. They're the alpha tags of objects (TSYS, CONV). If you're seeing "unwanted" object tags, look at the scan list memberships for those objects and make sure they're what you expect.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 AM

Hi,Don everything in the win500 program is correct.But when it uploads to scanner it shows 2 extra tsys names from other tsys?
Old 05-27-2010, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandlair View Post
Hi,Don I sent file from my desktop to my laptop and updated to the newer version as told by pop-up.Okay everything went fine uploaded to scanner and very fast I might add.But when done my scanner shows scanlist names from other scanlists on the screen on my psr500 and the file works great on pro-197.So I have 2 scanlist names srolling during scan that shouldnt be there,they dont get scanned though just on the bottom of screen.Any ideas?thanks in advance Mike
is evryting Actaully assigned to a scanlist.. look at "unassigned objects"
Old 05-27-2010, 6:50 PM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
Hi,Don everything in the win500 program is correct.But when it uploads to scanner it shows 2 extra tsys names from other tsys?
In Win500 General Settings tab the scanlist are checked under Scan column. Those checked are what the scanner will scan after loading to scanner. Toggle by pressing associated number or FUNC + number.

Last edited by fmon; 05-27-2010 at 6:56 PM.. Reason: Un-needed info
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies,I found the extra scanlist object in all objescts under wildcard just deleted now all is well.Dont know how they got there though.thanks Mike
Old 06-26-2010, 11:04 AM

Post Key

Don,

I lost my key for Win500 software. Are you able to provide me with my key i purchased?

-Mike
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2010, 3:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmike View Post
Don,

I lost my key for Win500 software. Are you able to provide me with my key i purchased?

-Mike
Read his policy on his website, or search here on RR, but you most likely won't like the answer. Generally it's no.
Old 06-27-2010, 5:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Don,

-Mike
I read this at Starrsoft.com (win-500) its their policy
from Don S website

We apologize for the following terms of the registration process, but are forced to implement them due to a recent increase in abuses.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS - they may impact your decision to register this software.

By registering, you acknowledge that you have taken the time to use Win500 with your PSR-500 or PSR-600 during the 30-day free trial period and that the software works to your satisfaction.
We do not issue refunds once a registration key has been provided, except in cases of obvious, accidental, duplicate registrations. We don't issue refunds to users who simply "can't get the software to work" - that's what the trial period is for. If the software doesn't work for you, please don't register it.
All customer support is via email: Win500@starrsoft.com
When you register, you will be issued a unique key that will allow Win500 to run past its 30-day trial period. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it any time you wish to install Win500 (new computer, new operating system, computer crash, etc.). We do not re-issue registration keys apart from the initial email.
If you have previously requested a refund for any StarrSoft.com product, via PayPal or by disputing the charge with your credit card provider, you will not be issued a key for any other StarrSoft.com product. If you have requested a refund but still attempt to register again, your registration fee will be refunded - less a $10.00 (US) service charge. (This does not apply to prior refunds for duplicate registrations that are accidental and obvious).
By continuing the registration process below, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarrSoft.com
781 Pomeroy Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Win500@starrsoft.com
Old 06-27-2010, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Don,

-Mike
I have any emails that I've gotten that have the keys(for both Win96 and Win500) as a saved seperate email and have printed both for safe keeping in the event my computer(s) go fubar on me so I can reinstall and input my keys again. This is something I've done for many years for many things I need in case of disaster.
Slow learner for wanting to play prog metal guitar....
Old 06-27-2010, 7:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Using the Alarm function

I can't get the alarm selection to work on any of the wildcard id's.
I check the alarm box and select the alarm type, but it isn't working.
If this is for talkgroups only and not for individual id's, why is the checkbox even available.
Also I guess that you can't even record individual id's either.
Do any of the other of the big 3 scanner software programs allow any of this or is it just something that is hardcoded in the scanner itself.
Other than that small problem, I really like the program.
Old 06-28-2010, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3HY View Post
I can't get the alarm selection to work on any of the wildcard id's.
I check the alarm box and select the alarm type, but it isn't working.
If this is for talkgroups only and not for individual id's, why is the checkbox even available.
Also I guess that you can't even record individual id's either.
Do any of the other of the big 3 scanner software programs allow any of this or is it just something that is hardcoded in the scanner itself.
Other than that small problem, I really like the program.
The Wildcard TGRP object's settings only have an effect when the scanner is receiving something "via the wildcard". If the scanner is receiving some talkgroup ID that you already have programmed in another TGRP object, then that TGRP object's settings are used. This applies to all object settings: alarms, recording, LED behavior, etc.

Tags