Win500 Not Recording and Logging all transmissions, only a majority

Status
Not open for further replies.

echz

Hello! I am using Win500 v1.94 on a Windows7/x64 based system, and it's working great! One thing I have noticed, however, is that when scanning and recording all stations that are being heard, Win500 does not always record every conversation.

I have tried this with a Pro-106 and a Pro-197 and get probably 75% of all recordings. Occassionally once one frequency/talkgroup unkeys and the delay expires, sometimes the next transmission that comes in will not be logged and recorded by Win500. This may happen with the next one, two or possibly three transmissions before another one is recorded (I haven't been able to come up with a logical pattern of what's recorded when and what isn't).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If you have, have you come up with any sort of workaround? Possibly I'm doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure everything is set up correctly, as it's all relatively straightforward ...

On another side note, is it possible to have the Win500 Scanner Server support more than one concurrent client connection? I would like to be able to run the scanner from home, and have myself logged in from work on 2 separate computers to monitor it, but I seem to only be able to get one on at a time and I can't find a setting to change in order to allow more than one user.

Thanks all for your time and any insight you can provide!!

** I just realized that this is possibly in the wrong forum, but it seems more like a Win500 issue than a general recording issue ... Mods, feel free to move this if necessary - thanks!

Last edited:

DonS

I've never seen that behavior. I'm getting recordings of all TGRP and CONV objects that I've so configured.

Are the various objects' "Record" items checked in Win500?

Does the scanner's data exactly match Win500?

echz

The record items are checked, and everything is kosher between the scanner and Win500 ... I seem to notice it when one transmission stops, and then another comes on -- Win500 doesn't log the 2nd transmission in the "Log" field, however, the scanner display (via Win500) will display the 2nd transmission. I feel like I just talked in a circle, so excuse me if that doesn't make any sense lol.

Certain activity is being heard but isn't being logged, and when it's not logged, it's not being recorded -- that's basically what I'm trying to say. I can't seem to find a specific pattern to it ... perhaps I may be able to set up some kind of screen capture software or something and log it happening with that?

DonS

How is the "Delay" set on the various objects? If it's too small, Win500 may be having difficulty in the algorithm it uses to detect new transmissions.

echz

Delay is set the same on all objects, 2000 (2 seconds). Would changing the Status Poll Int from 10 to something lower in the Monitor/Control tab help perhaps?

DonS

Decreasing that value may help. However, I have those (LCD Poll Int and Status Poll Int) set to the defaults of 100 and 10, respectively, and it doesn't miss anything.

You might try decreasing them to 80 and 8, to see if it helps.

EDIT: you do have "Delay" checked for the objects, right?

echz

Don--

Thanks for your help, I will make those adjustments and see what I come up with. If no luck, I will see if I can try some screen cap software or something, because unless I'm crazy I know I'm definitely not getting everything to record. I mean it may be a 1/100 chance that I miss something, and it's not life or death, but I don't like to miss anything :) I will advise if it gets better or worse -- Thanks again!

echz

Changing those setting to 80 and 8 didn't help out any ...

Delay (2000 / 2s) and Record are checked for all objects, so I've got no clue what may be causing this.

I have taken a screencap of this happening in action, you can find it @ here -- You can see it locks on to BCBC Tacony from 29:32-30:02, but doesn't log (nor does it record), then logs/records P2-A right after that.

If you'd like to take a look at my .p500 file, that's @ http://www.echz.info/win500/2010-06-17.p500

Any insight you can provide would be great, although I know this isn't much to go off of. Let me know if you want me to try anything, and I'll keep my eye out for more instances of this and try to grab the screens. Thanks Don!

Last edited:

wphm449

I know this is an old thread. But I experienced the same issue. It was because I was trrying to use a file created/edited by a later version of Win500 than the one I was trying to record with. So, try updating the software and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.