Need help with Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

grtlks1

I download Freescan to program my Uniden BC346XT and every time I click download to scanner it comes with an error stating " Unable to set WX " ant idea what I am doing wrong or how to correct this. Thanks

cpuerror

It's just saying that the weather settings programmed in aren't compatible with the current scanner, but it shouldn't affect anything other than not turning on the weather watch feature by default.

bama9999

I've used Freescan to program a BC346XT and want to say it's a great program. Thanks to the author for such a good, handy program for programming and controling the Uniden radios!

KD0KZE

Premium Subscriber
I download Freescan to program my Uniden BC346XT and every time I click download to scanner it comes with an error stating " Unable to set WX " ant idea what I am doing wrong or how to correct this. Thanks

I had a chance to reprogram my scanner this week. It had been a couple years and I didn't document how I did it before. Mine's the BCD396XT. I encountered the same message when trying to upload my new configuration.

In Freescan I went here:
Scanner:Setup Scanner Options | WX Alert

I created a SAME group name (I named it for the county I live in), and entered the official SAME code for that county in the box initially called "FIPS 1". I imagine I could have instead named the SAME group like "Central MN" and added several SAME county codes, but I'm mainly just interested in my own county.

I then re-saved my configuration file, and re-uploaded it to the scanner, clearing all previous settings. This time, there was no such error message. Maybe it's happier if there's at least one SAME group in the config.

Status
Not open for further replies.