ARC396T to ARCXT Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanrfan

Have been using ARC396T Pro to program a BC396T. Radio failed and bought BC396XT with ARCXT Pro software. Can u open the system files created in the ARC396T Pro program using the ARCXT Pro on a Windows 7 system or will I have to "copy and transfer" all the data over to the the ARCXT Pro files?

captclint

Mentor
Have been using ARC396T Pro to program a BC396T. Radio failed and bought BC396XT with ARCXT Pro software. Can u open the system files created in the ARC396T Pro program using the ARCXT Pro on a Windows 7 system or will I have to "copy and transfer" all the data over to the the ARCXT Pro files?
AFAIK the files are not compatible. However, copy and paste should be relatively easy. That's how I transfered my 246T to the 346XT ARCXT Pro. You just have to create the same systems 1st.

W6KRU

AFAIK the files are not compatible. However, copy and paste should be relatively easy. That's how I transfered my 246T to the 346XT ARCXT Pro. You just have to create the same systems 1st.

Wow. I can even use the same file to program my 396T and 396XT using freescan. If you can't import ARC files to ARCXT Pro, I would consider it a serious shortcoming.

Dewey

[File] -> [Import ARC396/996 File].

Just can't remember if there are any snags back when I did it in 2009.

Dewey

W6KRU

[File] -> [Import ARC396/996 File].

Just can't remember if there are any snags back when I did it in 2009.

Dewey

One difference would be the sites used in an XT. I' m not sure if ARC would automatically take information from the system in the T and create a site for the XT.

Dewey

One difference would be the sites used in an XT. I' m not sure if ARC would automatically take information from the system in the T and create a site for the XT.

Absolutely right concerning the sites, but I would think that none of the applications out there would properly handle the sites since the 396T doesn't support multiple sites. BUT, I think it will at least import the Systems/Sites as programmed in the 396T, but I just can't remember.

Dewey

W6KRU

Absolutely right concerning the sites, but I would think that none of the applications out there would properly handle the sites since the 396T doesn't support multiple sites. BUT, I think it will at least import the Systems/Sites as programmed in the 396T, but I just can't remember.

Dewey

With Freescan I had to create the sites myself. Since I already had the systems, it was an easy cut and paste operation.

mdmolyneaux

Premium Subscriber
Gommert - I click on that link and it prompts me for a data file to import. Where would I find that data file? What would it be called and in what folder would it be in?

Status
Not open for further replies.