ID Tracker III - V1.8.1 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Hello David,

Thank you once again for creating such a useful program!
I do have a question related to squelch tone that I can't seem to find in the help file. While running any of the later versions of ID Tracker III with my PRO-197, I get nothing in the "SQL" column. This is both when I'm scanning a conventional system or searching conventional frequencies. The scanner dispays the Sq tone but the software does not. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,Mike

Last edited:

brscanning

Hello David,

Thank you once again for creating such a useful program!
I do have a question related to squelch tone that I can't seem to find in the help file. While running any of the later versions of ID Tracker III with my PRO-197, I get nothing in the "SQL" column. This is both when I'm scanning a conventional system or searching conventional frequencies. The scanner dispays the Sq tone but the software does not. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,Mike

Do you have the "Track Squelch" option set in the System Settings form?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
That did the trick (never knew those settings were there!) Works on Systems, now we'll see if it works on Limit.

Thanks!

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't work on any searches (even though I have "Track Squelch" checked in all systems, including "Limit" and "Pub Sfty" searches)

brscanning

It doesn't work on any searches (even though I have "Track Squelch" checked in all systems, including "Limit" and "Pub Sfty" searches)

Unfortunately, I no longer own any GRE made scanners. I tested on my BCD996XT and the squelch tracking worked. Did you check the "Track Squelch" for the "Conventional" system?

Attachments

• IDT1.jpg
    IDT1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,493

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Droid X: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

Yes - I have track squelch enabled for all non-trunked systems and searches.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
As I expected, this handy looking bit of software seams to run fine with my PSR-310, when software is configured for a PSR-500.

brscanning

Wirelessly posted (Droid X: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

Yes - I have track squelch enabled for all non-trunked systems and searches.

I took a look at the GRE code and did not see anything obvious. I am assuming that the squelch code is displayed on the scanner. Is it also displayed on ID Tracker's Scanner Control display?

Could you send me a screen shot of an active squelch code?

brscanning

As I expected, this handy looking bit of software seams to run fine with my PSR-310, when software is configured for a PSR-500.

I am a bit surprised since I have never done anything to support the scanner. Does everything work as expected? If so, then the scanner protocol must be the same as the PSR-500, etc.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I took a look at the GRE code and did not see anything obvious. I am assuming that the squelch code is displayed on the scanner. Is it also displayed on ID Tracker's Scanner Control display?

Could you send me a screen shot of an active squelch code?

I don't normally use the Scanner Control, but the Sq code does show up on there as well as the scanner itself.
Also, fwiw - I originally posted this using my 197 & XP, but am currently using my 500 & Win 7 (obviousy with the same result)

At the moment, I'm in an area that doesn't have much radio traffic, but will try to grab a screen shot...stay tuned ;)

Last edited:

jasonmc

wish

I wish you could click on the spectrum viewer to change the frequency, I'm having trouble finding anything with a bandscope that works good.

jasonmc

To click on the spectrum viewer to change the frequency set on the scanner to which frequency you click on.

It nicely works with the bandscope to search for things, but then you can't click on it.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Changes in this version:

- Improved audio level detection.
- Added audio detection option to debug form.
- Added calendar to date field for audio search.
- Miscellaneous tweaks and improvements to Audio Player.

Download: ID Tracker III

Change History: ID Tracker III Version / Install Notes
David, on your website it says "ID Tracker DOES NOT program your scanner", so should these treads be in Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording area and not in this current area of Scanner Programming Software?
Keep up the good work!
Anyway to get it so we can record with the PSR 301

Status
Not open for further replies.