Is ARC8 compatiable with re-banded systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinshavings

I down loaded ARC8, read all the data from my scanner and didn't get any trunked ID's or trunked system data from the re- banded system on bank 1.
Is ARC8 not compatiable with re-banded systems?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep in mind that it's a 2 step process - you have to load new firmware to your BCT8 for Motorola rebanding -and- use software to put in the custom table to make it work.

We have the link for the firmware updates here...

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

See section 7.1. Of course it would -help- if we knew what system you were trying to hear.... best regards..Mike

thinshavings

Keep in mind that it's a 2 step process - you have to load new firmware to your BCT8 for Motorola rebanding -and- use software to put in the custom table to make it work.

We have the link for the firmware updates here...

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

See section 7.1. Of course it would -help- if we knew what system you were trying to hear.... best regards..Mike

Thanks Mike.
I have already re-banded the radio manually and it is working fine.
I am listening to the Txwarn Pearland site.
Just want a program to speed up the process.
I downloaded a trial of ARC8 and loaded the data from the scanner to the software, the re-banded banks did not transfer their data ie. talkgroups to the software, the banks that don't have the re-band plane loaded did transfer talkgroup data hence my suspistion that ARC8 isn't re-band compatiable.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See your message in the Uniden forum. The only other package I know of that supports the BCT8 would be Scan Control - but that hasn't been maintained in a LONG time. But I'm pretty sure one of the last releases did incorporate rebanding changes for the supported scanners. There is a demo you can try.

If that doesn't work out, then doing it manually doesn't look to be that hard. The instructions are on the Uniden Twiki page where the firmware can be downloaded (look toward the end of the page)

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.