ARC-XT Pro software

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know a website, besides the BuTel website or ScannerMaster, where I can buy the ARC-XT Pro software at a discounted rate maybe? For example on the ScannerMaster website u can find Uniden scanners cheaper than the actual Uniden website... I just don't have $70, I just spent a couple hundred buying my new BCT-15X yesterday... Or maybe somewhere I can find a discount code or something where I can save a little bit of $$? Any help would be appreciated and thank you! What would really help tho is if someone bought my RadioShack scanner I'm selling then I'd have the $ for it!! LOL

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know a website, besides the BuTel website or ScannerMaster, where I can buy the ARC-XT Pro software at a discounted rate maybe? For example on the ScannerMaster website u can find Uniden scanners cheaper than the actual Uniden website... I just don't have $70, I just spent a couple hundred buying my new BCT-15X yesterday... Or maybe somewhere I can find a discount code or something where I can save a little bit of $$? Any help would be appreciated and thank you! What would really help tho is if someone bought my RadioShack scanner I'm selling then I'd have the $ for it!! LOL

Butel software does give discounts for returning customers that have purchased other versions of their software.

Click here:

Software for Uniden HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr1

click on "specials" in the left hand column, and read down to "Returning customer discount"

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Butel software does give discounts for returning customers that have purchased other versions of their software.

Click here:

Software for Uniden HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr1

click on "specials" in the left hand column, and read down to "Returning customer discount"

Hmmmm I was wondering about that but I wasn't sure if they wouldn't have me in their database I don't think cuz I bought the ARC300 for my Pro-164 on RadioReference here... Maybe they can cross-reference my registration key from my ARC300 or something... I wrote their Customer Service an eMail so we'll see.. Thanks for the response tho! :)

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

I have to say that I have tried ProScan, ARC-XT Pro, and FreeScan, as well as Win500... FreeScan was by far the easiest to use and worked the best to program my BCT-15X, compared to the other ones, and i'm not just sayin that cuz it's free, it truly was the best to use in my opinion!

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
ARCXT > Windows 8?

I've just ordered a BCD996XT and in my search for programming software I've found ARCXT and FreeSCAN. Does ARCXT run on Windows 8? I haven't been able to get FreeSCAN to run on the platform yet.

I'm excited to get back into the radio world!

JW

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I have to say that I have tried ProScan, ARC-XT Pro, and FreeScan, as well as Win500... FreeScan was by far the easiest to use and worked the best to program my BCT-15X, compared to the other ones, and i'm not just sayin that cuz it's free, it truly was the best to use in my opinion!

A caution here, since it's easy to mix this up - Win500 does not work on the Uniden DMA scanners - it's specifically designed to work with the RS/GRE object oriented scanners, which is a very different memory technology

Mike

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
is there an owners menu or any website that will tell you how to run it and tips and tricks. I know how to run it but I want to get all I can out of the software????

FOUND IT

Last edited:

norcalbusa

Windows 10- can't connect USB

New machine with Windows 10. Latest version of XT Pro (2.0 Build 6).

Tried both the standard and fast USB ports- neither will connect to the 15X. Anyone figure out the fix/workaround? Thanks.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It may not be ARC-XT's fault that it won't connect - Win10 made substantial changes to the way USB drivers are addressed and handled. Unfortunately older USB-1 cables won't work because the chipset is incompatible. A new USB cable will be needed.

We have several threads on this very topic linked in the following wiki article...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Look at the 2 or 3 threads linked at the bottom which have to do with Win10 issues and Uniden scanners. And hurl vast amount of insults at Micro-stupid for making this issue a royal pain in the nether regions, not BuTel.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.