Software for BCT-15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedWCM

I am going to buy a another BCT-15 and I see 2 types of software are available

ARCXT Pro and Basic , Which should I get and why ???

All I really need the software is to program and do Alpha/numeric display of thr freq's I want on scanner so when I look at screen I know who I am listening to

Or does Pro give me more features

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Look at the website (the blue link given in the earlier message) - or better still, we have the user guide in our wiki

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Please be very careful here - the BCT15X has capabilities that the BCT15 doesn't have, so the software recommendations would be different. Fortunately both FreeScan and ProScan work with both scanners, while ARC-XT does not (it won't work with the original BCT15).

This article from our wiki outlines the different software available for both scanners, with appropriate links

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

TedWCM

THnaks for the Heads up on the 2 different versions, and Yes I have an original release BCT-15 for a few years now , but my home computer crashed and lost program. I have to try to find the old program I think it was scan lite WHich program do you recommend to operate both scanners, I am in Public safety (Vol FF )

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'd start with FreeScan - it's freeware, so you lose nothing. A lot of folks migrate from there - ProScan is very powerful and has many features that ARC15 doesn't have.

Mike

TedWCM

Yes I know it's been a while since I originaslly posted first question about which program to use,

Got my Tax check and purchased 2 BCT-15X scanners.(got both under 300.00 new in Box from authorized dealer) Any new recommendations on which programming software to use ??

All input would be appreciated

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
FreeSCAN

Yes I know it's been a while since I originaslly posted first question about which program to use,

Got my Tax check and purchased 2 BCT-15X scanners.(got both under 300.00 new in Box from authorized dealer) Any new recommendations on which programming software to use ??

All input would be appreciated

FreeSCAN

I use it to program my BCT15, BCT15X, and my BCD396XT. I have also used it to program a BCD396T and a BR330T with no problems. I have tried the ARC stuff but FreeSCAN is the easiest to use and it is 100 percent free. I also use it when emailing files to other scanner users.

NYRHKY94

Proscan has a 30-day free trial with full functionality. Absolutely nothing to lose to give it a try also. In 30-days, you'll certainly know whether the registered price is worth it for you. Best "all-in-one" solution out there IMO (Remote Control, Remote Access, Remote Programming, Streaming, Web Server, Recording, Good Support etc.).

P.S. I am not associated with Proscan, just a happy user/customer

Mike

ftl7011

Premium Subscriber
Program Software for BCT-15

You may also want to check out bctools.org they also have a free version that I use for my (3) BCT-15s

MarkWestin

Although bctool may be a good program, bctool.org appears to have not been updated since 28 Nov 2010. (There is no "bctools.org").

Mark

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Does ProScan do logging - that commits data to disk right away (I posted same query on the new Freescan). I do a lot of road trips and want to create logs for each, but I cannot fiddle with my laptop and save files while I am driving.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does ProScan do logging - that commits data to disk right away (I posted same query on the new Freescan). I do a lot of road trips and want to create logs for each, but I cannot fiddle with my laptop and save files while I am driving.

ProScan has two types of logs; The one that appears in the Logging tab. That one writes to the disk file each hour for performance reasons. The other type of log, logs to a file when the transmission ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.