Windows 8 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucko

I recently got a Windows 8 computer and found that the vista driver that I used in Win7 will not work with my USB1 cable. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thankyou

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
I don't have a solution for you, however if you do find one before someone posts one on here, please let us know! I'm upgrading to 8 really soon so would like to know before I can't reprogram my 346xt

Edit: If we don't have an answer to this before I upgrade (within 2 weeks) I will work to find a solution.

Last edited:

K8TOB

Premium Subscriber
I installed Windows 8 yesterday and found that the 1.7 version did not work for me. But finally clicked on 'Update Driver' and just let Windows 'update' the driver in device manager. Works fine now.

Driver Date: 11/19/2009
Driver Version: 3.3.10.140

Not sure why the 1.7 didn't work, it is driver version: v3.4.36.247

Bucko

I want to thank you for your help, letting windows update the driver in the device manager did the trick.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

If you look at Mossberg's review of Win8 on http://allthingsd.com, he indicates this RTM (release to manufacturer) does not play nice with quite a few other's software. It may take until 1Q 2013 to get the "final" Win8 cooking. I frankly will wait to 1Q or 2Q then look at a new hardware solution to match the Metro functionality rather than upgrade the 3-4 year old laptop. HTH.

K8TOB

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I'm quite impressed how well Windows 8 installed. Of course, it took two installs to get it right :)

I have it on a desktop (AMD FX-8150 8-core), I had Internet Explorer 10 'on the desktop' issues, but got that resolved. (seems it didn't play well with Firefox and Chrome)

ARC500Pro and ARC XT Pro both work without problems. The driver for the Uniden USB-1 worked, but I had to update the driver for the RS Cable (20-546).

Bucko

I am still using the old 20-047 cable with my 197 and the old drivers off the CD worked fine, I figured that would be the one to give me trouble.

ShashawBlack

Windows 8 Drivers

Updating the drivers is the simple solution to such type of issues. Sometimes such problems occurs due to windows internal errors like registry errors even if the drivers are up-to-date.

Bucko

The latest drivers would not work so I UN-installed them and installed the old version for Vista. Then used the update drivers in the deice manager then it worked. Getting the drivers to work for the old 20-047 cable took some reboots and plug and unplug.

K8TOB

Premium Subscriber
Problems here too... After 3 reinstalls of Windows 8, everything is now stable(knock on wood).

After removing and reinstalling the latest driver, I could also get the desired results by doing a 'Roll back driver" procedure., either way a litte finagling and it works. Some where in there, you have to reboot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.