Win 500 control/monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslookin

Hello I have q question.
Im using win 500 and love it im wanting to know if win 500 has the option or any software for this matter to allow me to have my pro 106 connected to a pc and running and be able to control away from home via android apps or from laptop? I have looked and read but did not find exactly what i was looking for. I did see using a windows mobile phone somehow you can but I have android. Just want to be able to control the scanner while away from home. I do have it setup here and broadcasting for clark and floyd county indiana. Any information to get me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

alwayslookin

Thanks Ronnie for the quick reply Im under the assumption that using that feature requires pocket pc and I looked and starrsoft and really didn't find much as far as how to or using it with anything else other than pocketpc. Thanks.

RonnieUSA

Thanks Ronnie for the quick reply Im under the assumption that using that feature requires pocket pc and I looked and starrsoft and really didn't find much as far as how to or using it with anything else other than pocketpc. Thanks.

Did You look at the middle one for downloading, I think that may be what You want. ( Remote Monitoring Client Free )

Last edited:

alwayslookin

OK thanks I got it setup and running through two laptops but I believe it will only work on a local network like through the router. Now trying to figure out if it will work for like different ip addresses.

RonnieUSA

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK thanks I got it setup and running through two laptops but I believe it will only work on a local network like through the router. Now trying to figure out if it will work for like different ip addresses.

I use the Win500 Remote Monitoring Client on my laptop where ever I travel. I have the home computer set up with a no-IP address and it works flawlessly.

Works perfectly no matter where I go. Once in a while if there is a noticible degrading or breakup of the audio from internet issues, just set the buffer on the client software to 2-3 seconds and that will take care of it 100%.

There isn't a client version for android or iPhones yet, but it would be a great addition to the package. I don't know if Don (the author) has commented on that yet or not.... but it sure would be nice!

Great software!

alwayslookin

OK so how does the no-ip work as far as do I need to setup it up to log on to a computer kinda like log me in software or do I need to setup some sort of ip address or something Im not familiar with it. Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK so how does the no-ip work as far as do I need to setup it up to log on to a computer kinda like log me in software or do I need to setup some sort of ip address or something Im not familiar with it. Thanks

Some good info on the NO-IP site, walks you through the set-up process. There is a FAQ and video there... look under "support".

You will also have to read the manual for your home router to see how to set-up a port-forwarding rule on your particular type of router so you can access the Win500 server from the internet.

alwayslookin

I have been reading on no-ip site I don't understand as far as what i need to do I need to add or setup a domain or add host to connect that way im confused and the domain to add wants me to buy. I know how to port forward with my router. just confused on the other. What im trying to ask is do I need to set this up to where I can loginto my cpu from another cpu away from and here and control the scanner that way or is this a setup that will use an internet address only. im so confused just trying to figure out if this is gonna be like logmein software if so that helps alot I would know what to do then.Thanks

Last edited:

alwayslookin

So once I figure this out will I just enter my ip address followed by port number into win500 and be able to run it that way? Is this right? Thanks and sorry so many questions broadcasting and learning as I go.

alwayslookin

OK im stuck I paid the 14.95 for the enhance service and still can't figure this out. Any one that knows how to get this going for me I would appreciate it. My setup is a pro106 broadcasting on a desktop computer running win 500 server I can take my laptop and run the client and type in the router address and port # by using router 192.168.1.112 I just want to be able to take my laptop away from home and run the client and type in what ever I need to to be able to control and listen to my scanner.

Last edited:

RonnieUSA

OK im stuck I paid the 14.95 for the enhance service and still can't figure this out. Any one that knows how to get this going for me I would appreciate it. My setup is a pro106 broadcasting on a desktop computer running win 500 server I can take my laptop and run the client and type in the router address and port # by using router 192.168.1.112 I just want to be able to take my laptop away from home and run the client and type in what ever I need to to be able to control and listen to my scanner.
There should be included in the setup program that send your ip address back to no-ip, i'm gonna make one up for the example>> http://myscanner.noip.com , and the when your away from home, not on your network You would be able to access your scanner.

Just make sure You forward the correct port to your router.

alwayslookin

Well I guess I didn't have something set right I had it all working just fine left the house went and tried it from another location and worked perfect. Had to unplug the router for a sec this morn and plugged it back in now it won't work. I did notice that the router ip changes every time it gets unplugged. How do I set this up to keep the ip on the router the same incase I have to reset it again? Does the noip have a setting to do this and still be able to type my "IP" not the router ip but my ip from my provider and port number into win 500 client and work? Many thanks to any one who can help me with this.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well I guess I didn't have something set right I had it all working just fine left the house went and tried it from another location and worked perfect. Had to unplug the router for a sec this morn and plugged it back in now it won't work. I did notice that the router ip changes every time it gets unplugged. How do I set this up to keep the ip on the router the same incase I have to reset it again? Does the noip have a setting to do this and still be able to type my "IP" not the router ip but my ip from my provider and port number into win 500 client and work? Many thanks to any one who can help me with this.

That is the whole purpose of the no-ip software running on your computer.

Be sure that you put the no-ip client software (or a shortcut to it) in your windows "startup" folder on your home computer (the same computer that is running the Win500 server), so that it is always running, and can detect changes in your ip address.

It will then automatically upload the new address to the no-ip server every time it changes so that your no-ip address will always point back to your computer.

Last edited:

alwayslookin

Ok so put and install noip on home pc running win 500 and software install in startup folder. Let pc run. Then when Im away from home type in ip address and port number in to win500 client and should work correct? do I need no ip installed on laptop or login to noip on laptop to do run this while away from or just use the win 500 client? Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.