FreeSCAN 2.12 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuerror

FreeSCAN 2.12 Available
================
-New: RR Conventional import deals better with huge systems that have long names. Now a number is always appended to the end of the system's name, before it was only so if there was enough room left over at the end of the name.
-New: Speech synthesizer reads out IDs in virtual control (Experimental)
-New: User band plans for custom searches are now preserved when downloaded from/uploaded to your XT scanner
-Fix: dms/dec conversions would be slightly off in some cases
-Fix: Issue with auto sorting
-Fixes issue with an error popping up on startup if you have changed your sound card configuration
-Fix: an issue with custom generated file names for recorded files not working on certain fields such as RSSI
-Fix: In some rare cases, conventional systems with more than 20 groups per system would import from
RR with only 19 groups in a system before a second system is created
-Fix: On 396XT, automatic system replacing during upload would not always behave as expected
-Fix: Unusual logging behaviour in trunk search, CTCSS search and iCall modes
-Fix: Audio files with a colon in the TGID not being saved
-Fix: FMN modulation now properly recognized by EZ-Grab
-Other bug fixes and improvements

Please note this new version uses the .Net 4.0 framework. You will need to download this prior to installing if you don't already have it.

Visit Sixspot Software to download

XTS3000

Any clue when the iPhone streaming app comes out? The author has posted a screen shot a while ago of the app.

cpuerror

The iPhone app is the next thing on the to do list. Really all I need to get done is the user authentication, after that it might still need some polishing but it will be good enough for a 1.0 release.

Last edited:

KC0CSE

FreeSCAN 2.12 Available
================
-New: RR Conventional import deals better with huge systems that have long names. Now a number is always appended to the end of the system's name, before it was only so if there was enough room left over at the end of the name.
-New: Speech synthesizer reads out IDs in virtual control (Experimental)
-New: User band plans for custom searches are now preserved when downloaded from/uploaded to your XT scanner
-Fix: dms/dec conversions would be slightly off in some cases
-Fix: Issue with auto sorting
-Fixes issue with an error popping up on startup if you have changed your sound card configuration
-Fix: an issue with custom generated file names for recorded files not working on certain fields such as RSSI
-Fix: In some rare cases, conventional systems with more than 20 groups per system would import from
RR with only 19 groups in a system before a second system is created
-Fix: On 396XT, automatic system replacing during upload would not always behave as expected
-Fix: Unusual logging behaviour in trunk search, CTCSS search and iCall modes
-Fix: Audio files with a colon in the TGID not being saved
-Fix: FMN modulation now properly recognized by EZ-Grab
-Other bug fixes and improvements

Please note this new version uses the .Net 4.0 framework. You will need to download this prior to installing if you don't already have it.

Visit Sixspot Software to download

so what do you do if you have 2.11 installed?....re-install? delet?

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I was running the software wrong, or maybe it is part of how it works, but I was on a long drive, logging hits along the way (I wanted to create a list of sites that get the most hits). The battery on my laptop will go 3-4 hours. I turned on logging.... assuming that it commits the data to disk immediately. Apparently not as when I arrived at my destination with the laptop shut off from lack of power, no log file was found. Seems to me (as a software engineer myself), this would be a few lines of code to fix... or, maybe there's a setting that I missed?

Or does this new version fix this?

cpuerror

You can turn on automatic file saving, which will save the file at midnight and start a new one. Otherwise, you have to save the file prior to closing the program.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Thanks - not exactly what I need.... Maybe go to ProScan. I'm guessing the assumption is the user is running this from home, not on the road.

cpuerror

Glad to hear you guys like it. :) The voice changes to female on Windows 7. The next version will let you customize it a bit more.

bama9999

Haven't heard the voice synthesizer yet while using virtual control... is there something I have to click and enable, or it is supposed to be automatic?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard the voice synthesizer yet while using virtual control... is there something I have to click and enable, or it is supposed to be automatic?

On the box that pops up after you click "Control Scanner", select the box at the bottom that says "Speech Synthesize"

jdebona

Upon upgrading to 2.12, I get the following 10 errors on uploading to my 396XT:
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #0
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #1
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #9

Doesn't appear to be causing any problems though...

RonnieUSA

Upon upgrading to 2.12, I get the following 10 errors on uploading to my 396XT:
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #0
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #1
Error settings Band Plan on custom search range #9

Doesn't appear to be causing any problems though...
I also get the same problem, but when I open the new build it takes over the whole screen, it doesn't remember where I set it.

Last edited:

cpuerror

The new version preserves any custom band plans setup up for custom search ranges. Ofcourse, if these have never been set before, it can't write them back to the scanner so you get the warning. It is pretty safe to ignore if you don't use that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.